“Brilliant!!!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in La Pineda
Bideford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just returned after a week of fun at the donaire this is our second year running as always we had a fantastic time. The hotel was clean,staff great and friendly, the kids loved the evening entertainment!! Love the location as the beach is just outside your front door... Water park only a 5 minute walk along the promanard.... Will defo be returning again next year!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If u have young children I wouldn't recommend a room over the pool as this can be noises at nigh...
3 Thank Abigail B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

visited this hotel for the fourth time, in june, and it is still excellent. the food is even better than last year.the hotel is still spotlessly clean and the staff are very friendly.we consider this hotel to be the best of its type in spain.the entertainment staff are tireless in their efforts to keep everyone happy.the bar staff are very good and friendly in particular jose in the pool bar.he is a fantastic person.again we recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank eastlands_10
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Love this hotel, just got back yesterday, food was lovely plenty of choice, we were all inclusive but met couples who said they wish they went AL as drinks were quite expensive. staff are very nice always had a smile even though they work long hours.Thomsons kids club was brilliant my son loved it even the goldy club at night.Entertainment staff were excellent was always something going on during the day for the kids and the mini disco was great, I still have the songs in my head. Rooms are cleaned everyday, very basic rooms but were only used for sleeping. we had room 107 so was on the same floor as the pool area so never had to wait on lifts, I also had a beach view which was lovely waking up to everyday.All though be aware is you go to the beach you are hassled every 5 mins with people selling stuff!! We went to aquapolis which is 10 mins walk away, the kids loved it and water was very warm. I would recommend this hotel and go back again.

Room Tip: Room 107 had a beach view and huge balcony, also had a window in bathroom and wifi in certain parts...
5 Thank nichola_1999
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here for 1 week all inclusive at the beginning of June. Overall the week was great. The hotel is nice, very clean with lots of friendly staff. The food is plentiful and a great variety. The location is excellent right on the beach with shops and restaurants only a short walk away, perfect for an evening stroll! The sea is incredible shallow and calm for a long way out ideal for children.
The negatives for us was the hotel was loud and busy. In particular the restaurant was crazy, we overcame this by eating outside overlooking the beach which was lovely. Finally the room sizes, they vary greatly. We were unlucky and got one of the smallest in the hotel and on the 2nd floor so no view either. We did request a room change and the rep was great but the hotel was full.
I would recommend this hotel to families but maybe not for couples or older people.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Victoria914
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Arrived at beginning of June (6th) After spending 2 weeks here with a family of 10 and I have to say I was not disappointed, service was excellent from arrival to checking out, all the staff are very friendly, helpful and very hard working and do such long hours yet always had a smile on there faces, food was lovely different variety and choices every day, to cater for every one, also big assortment of fresh salad and fruit included so well done chefs/caterers, the rooms are basic but are very clean comfy and tidy also air condition in rooms which we used a few times so perfect and plenty of wardrobe space small but enough space, beautiful stunning location and the golden sandy beach is literally right on your door step, entertainment for both kids and adults was brilliant and staff done a very good job keeping everybody entertained, shops close by, we all had a brilliant time the only disappointment was that we had to leave wish we could of stopped longer, would we come back again to this hotel ???? Definatly and would recommend this hotel to others.
Thank you all.

Room Tip: You have choices of pool or beach view from balconys, rooms are all different including large corner...
1 Thank Cherie B
Reviewed June 21, 2014

this was our 3rd time back and still dose not dissopoint! we were a party of 4 me my partner and two children (2-7). can not fault the hotel there's always someone with a broom in there hands! the bar staff and entertainment team work so hard and all do really long hours yet all happy to help and have a smile on there face :-) constant entertainment throughout day and night. food is brill something for everyone with a chef cooking steaks, chicken, roast pork joint, thers italian section lots if frash salads and fruits. beach is 5 steps away from hotel and is clean soft sand and sea is clear you can see the fish my son and partner brought a fishing net and caught star fish which was amazing! the pineda strip is fabulous there's lost of shops, beach shops, reasurants, and supermarkets and also aquapolis water park which us a must!!!!! we spent the hole day there and the dolphine show was amazing and its included :-D everything is on your door step or a short bus away and the buses are also out side your hotel! from salou, tarragona, portaventura, Barcelona, ect. there a big kids park down the strip which is shaded a nice restbite from the sun as temps were 37 most of the week we was there. I honestly would recommend this hotel and we will defo be booking again for our 4th time :-D

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Lisa J
UK
Reviewed June 21, 2014

So, it was my first 2 week holiday in about 7years so to say I was excited about this trip is an understatement. I read on trip advisor about renting fridges and so I emailed them before I went. They said 5euros a day and it could not be guaranteed. They were quick in their response time of the email so this filled me with confidence.

We had booked a double room with a sea view (paid about £150 extra with Thomson) and the view was amazing. We were in room 504 and it was lovely. The room was an adequate size but I'm afraid to say that there was not enough storage for me. We were a family of 3 and there was not enough space for all of our clothes to be kept tidy at all. So I found myself constantly having to sort the wardrobe out and separate our clothes from each others.

We did rent the fridge and happily paid the 20euro deposit which we got back on the last day. This was a god send. We also rented an in room safe for 2.50euro a day (approx.) with a 5 euro deposit also refundable.

We asked for extra pillows and they were promptly delivered to us. The air con doesn't get switched on till mid June so in the 2nd week as it got warmer, we found it difficult to get off to sleep.

We were half board and so there was a buffet for breakfast and evening meal. The breakfasts gave you a choice from fresh fruit, cereal, continental, pancakes and full English's every day. I started to alternate what I would eat each day just for variety purposes really.

The evening buffet was well varied, they always had kids options and were full of fruit and veg too . The dessert buffet was my downfall as I would get so many yummy delights every night (and the weighing scales when I got home confirmed this).

The swimming pool was a good size, we were right on the beach so there was no need of any bigger really.

The goldy club (in-house entertainment) spoke every language from Spanish, Russian, French and then English so everyone was included. This was in addition to the Thomson kids club which were amazing. Just Mandi, Becki Boo and Samwich were fantastic. Even though we went during term time, sometimes my son would be the only attendee (10yrs old) but this didn't stop them taking him and occupying him for a few hours.

All in all, it was a fantastic 2 week break and the Donaire was everything we could have wanted. Although I do think a play park nearby would have made it a 5star in my eyes.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view as this is more often away from the nightly activities (noise!)
5 Thank Tracy G
Hotel Terramarina
Hotel Terramarina
#6 of 8 in La Pineda
Hotel Golden Port Salou

Been to Golden Donaire Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!