“An absolute no brainer!!!!”

Rigby's Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Warton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have lived in the area of Rigby's Farmhouse Restaurant for some 20 years, but have only started using it in the last few years. The only regret my family has is we didn't use it SOONER!!
Here's why.....
Firstly, the clues in the name, Rigby's Farmhouse Restaurant - so if you want all chrome & marble, this might not be for you, However, if you want good quality produce, locally sourced, cooked to your liking and plenty of it, then give this place a try.As mentioned on previous reviews, if you like things like fillet/sirloin steak, lamb,duck,chicken & fish etc then your well catered for. The menu is not massive,but does not need to be, I normally have shrimps to start with, and then either fillet steak or more often than not the "Legendary" mixed grill. With the all the side dishes of potatoes/chips & veg, I rarely finish my main course!!!! The main thing is the quality of the meats used in the mixed grill, and throughout the menu, you get alot, and it's tasty. Ian - the owner, has a good selection of well priced wine, and is always willing too help you with your choice,if required. Already looking forward to our next visit. Cheers

1  Thank Robert H

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Having read other reviews we were a little a sceptical but our worries were unfounded as we had an enjoyable meal. The mixed grill is rightly lauded as the quality of the meat was obvious and what terrific value. Having said that the overall feel is a little dated but it does not try to be anything it is,nt. For a quiet family meal (especially if older members,and/or meat lovers) this is a hidden gem.If you want frills go somewhere else but dont be put off by the naysayers.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

On entering i immediately thought- ive made a mistake! We all looked at each other as the room i had entered reminding me of a community centre/ retirement home. Thought i should give it a chance the food might be wonderful, but this was not the case. My partner orders garlic mushrooms and gets a bowl of what i believe was campbells condensed mushroom soup with whole mushrooms in- and we get soup- packet or not- it tasted vile- all bowls and cutlery by the way - straight from school/hospital canteen sort of style. We kept hopeful for our mains- lookig round the room at the 'oak beams' - i felt like i was in a portacabin! The mains arrived- all veg brought in stainless steel tins- again ber school canteen- the food looked ok on first inspection- but then again it looked like a sunday roast- my brother had the famous moxed grill. The potatoes and yorkshire potatoes- aunt bessies from packet - veg basic - weird dauphinoise style potatoes with tandom use of nutmeg or cinnamon- literally had to spit out - and then broccoli not cooked in some kind of water with cheese sauce- literally made me gag. The meat - weird! Sat and thought can i eat this? My brothers mixed grill he was working through - had to ask me what meat i thought certain cuts were- the last some kind of white steak swimming in juice/fat. I cant emphasize enough how of all the places in my life i have eaten across the world , in hospital and at school- this was the worst meal and dining experience of my life! The other post on here must be fake or they have had terrible lives. If your near here and want food go birley arms or grapes - at least you can get a beer on draught rather than a can! Truly awful!

8  Thank AndyDTG
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Nothing particularly bad but certainly not worth what others are rating it. I agree it's like eating at your great grandmothers. Only thing missing is duck with orange sauce.

1  Thank Phillsmit3
Reviewed January 23, 2013

good value sunday lunch, full plate of your choice of meat then as much potato's and veg that you can eat. must book as it gets very busy!