“High on my list of good Italian restraunts”
Review of Checcos

Checcos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Good atmosphere but can get very busy. Sadly will only accept bookings for 6 or more people. Because of the restaurants recogniseded quality you can sometimes have a reasonable wait for a table. This is mostly at weekends. The dining experience is worth the wait. Friendly and helpful staff are supported by some excellent kitchen staff who provide not only excellent Italian food but a good range of English food from a menu that offers a wide range of choice. A nice bar and a good wine list support the food experience. Prices are on the whole very reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Checcos

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Went to Checco's as a last minute decision and were not disappointed. We arrived at 6:10 and i'm glad we did. The place soon filled up and I would definitely suggest booking a table.(It was a saturday). We ordered drinks as soon as we were seated and a menu was brought to the table. For starter I ordered pate and the other half ordered the garlic bread mexicana. I was pleasantly suprised as mine came with a garlic bread and not the usual toast that I had expected. Half was saved to go with the main.For main I had the canelloni whilst the other half had carbonara. It was hot, tasty and were good size portions. Not the cheapest italian but you get what you pay for. Our plates were soon removed and desserts and coffee offered. These were declined and we asked for the bill. Not realising you had to take the slip to the till at the bar area we sat and waited 10 mins for someone to take payment from us!! When I tried to pay we were then advised of this. At least we know for next time. Would definitely return.

1  Thank lil056
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We went to Checcos for a nice Sunday evening out and we found that the staff were not very friendly, we waited just to get a drinks menu for 15 mins although i had requested a menu twice! The food was average. Ok restaurant for a quick tea out although would not go for a special occassion. A shame really as the building was quite nice.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

First time we had been here in a long time and we weren't disappointed. We got a table almost straight away as it was quite early although the place was fairly packed even then. All the staff go out their way to make this a pleasurable experience. The food was good, however two different steaks were ordered, one medium and one medium rare and the medium was rarer. I'm not one for complaining and just ate it and I actually enjoyed it. It's not the cheapest of restaurants in the area and although we will visit again it won't be for a while.

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

As I live in the town we have been to cheecos a number of times and had take aways. The main issue is the food can range from good to poor and the portion size can change rapidly. Tonight the mushrooms were overdone and chewy and the carbanara tasted different to what I have had in the past as most of the pasta was stuck together with chedder cheese. Last week we rang to order a take away and were told the waiting time was 90 min. Unless its just me when I want a take away I don't wish to wait that long. On the plus side I have had decent food before or I wouldn't go back hence the rating I just wish they were consistent.

1  Thank Keith A