“One of the best experiences I ever had!”

Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Shipley
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Yo Yo Bar and Restaurant, a Shipley Restaurant situated in the heart of Yorkshire. Combining locally sourced produce with globally inspired dishes, Yo Yo’s is a modern Oriental Restaurant offering a unique mix of Japanese, Chinese and Thai cuisine.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I met 2 friends and had a meal here on 5th October. I found the restaurant by searching on the internet for something halfway between our friends place and ours. It looked nice on their website and the menu looked interesting and varied. The prices weren't cheap but also not expensive and the lager at £3.50 a pint was reasonable for a restaurant (I NEVER pay silly prices for small bottles!). One draw was they did Sushi and I always wanted to try that!

We met our friends at 7:15 and were seated in the comfortable bar area to look at the menus. I don't think many people ate sushi as I had to ask for that menu. The staff at this stage were very friendly and efficient.

I chose the spicy deep friend squid for starters - a delicious and well presented dish! Followed by a main of the special sushi. Again delicious! My wife's main was chicken thai green curry (I tasted and fantastic!) Pudding was the alcoholic banana mousse which was great but I tasted my wife's cheesecake and next time I will have that! All accompanied by 2 pints of lager and finished with coffee in the comfortable bar area. We all enjoyed every course. My wife enjoyed her cocktail which was extremely nice!

Rice/noodles extra hence the star off value as you need these with most dishes

Bill each averaged about £30 each but we added a tip for the excellent service. Not the cheapest meal but by god, damned good value for the quality and flavour of the food we had. Frankly we were all inspired! I cant wait to go back and try other dishes, quite a lot of them - maybe all the damned menu!

Parking is free after 6pm in the car park next door

The bar area is a great place to relax and chat after the meal and is very spacious. the atmosphere of the whole place is lovely!

I recommend this place - very highly. Worth the little extra over 'budget' restaurants for the awesome food!

1  Thank John F
SIMON D, Owner at Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear John F,
I am so pleased you had a very enjoyable experience at Yo Yo's on Saturday 5th October. I appreciate the comments about the cost of your evening, but unfortunately a number of our suppliers for the Japanese food are based in London and thus the prices paid for ingredients are much higher than locally. We only serve premium Lagers as well in the Restaurant and the price reflects that I am afraid. I along with other customers would travel miles if I knew that the service and food quality were as good as we offer at Yo Yo's. I know we have one of the best products around this area and the prices reflect the quality. I bet you cannot wait to come to Yo Yo's again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Yo Yo's so you can experience some new dishes and cocktails available. Kind Regards Simon

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went here to celebrate my Head of Department's 60th. I chose from the 2 course menu for £14.99 and had beef samosas and then chicken in a black bean sauce. Both courses we superb, and the drinks were reasonably priced too. A great dining experience, and to quote General Macarthur - I shall return!

Dear Gary S,

Many thanks for writing a review on trip advisor & pleased you enjoyed your experience at Yo Yo's and hope we can welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards Simon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

First time visit and not disappointed. Service was excellent (especially Noor who was our main waiter). Mixed combo Thai starters were just what they said on the tin but very very tasty and nicely presented. My seafood red curry was delicious as was my partner's chicken and black bean. Really impressed. Lovely ambience - felt like you were in the Fulham Road instead of Shipley ! Will definitely be back. Powell done all.

1  Thank Neil W
SIMON D, Owner at Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Neil W, Thank you for a great review, and thank you for mentioning Noor ! He has been with me for 2 years and is a very pleasant member of staff. Pleased we lived up to our reputation and do hope it is not too long before you revisit, in the meantime please tell your friends about Yo Yo's.

See you soon. Kind Regards Simon

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time I dined here. This restaurant is so good overall that just makes me come back wanting more. Try the Malaysian Fried Rice, it's hearty and delicious.

Dear Jfreesoh,

Pleased you have dined here on a number of occasions and that you recommend the Malaysian Fried Rice. Thank you for reviewing our Restaurant and the next time you are in the area we look forward to seeing you again at Yo Yo's.

Kind Regards

Simon

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Having recently moved into the area we were not sure where to go for my birthday, my husband looked on Trip advisor and thought we would give Yo Yo Bar and Restaurant a try and we did not regret it. The staff were wonderful and helpful, the food was delicious, with a good choice, my son let it slip while we were eating that it was my birthday and the staff brought a dessert with a fabulous fountain candle on it, a lovely touch we thought. Will definitely return.

SIMON D, Owner at Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Jules 0502,

So pleased you found our Restaurant on trip advisor, and that the sparkler on the ice cream tempura was a surprise. I am pleased that you have just moved into the area which will mean lots more return visits, please tell your friends about Yo Yo's and we look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Regards