“Excellent service and food as always”
Review of Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Yo Yo Bar and Restaurant, a Shipley Restaurant situated in the heart of Yorkshire. Combining locally sourced produce with globally inspired dishes, Yo Yo’s is a modern Oriental Restaurant offering a unique mix of Japanese, Chinese and Thai cuisine.
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited friday night. The drink service and food service were prompt and efficient. The staff are always very friendly and polite, and the atmosphere was brilliant. We will most certainly be returning very soon, cannot fault this restaurant. By far the best restaurant in the area. Yoyo sets the bar so very high. Keep up the good work.

SIMON D, Owner at Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear James 10002,

Thank you for a great review. My colleagues will be pleased to read this one and so pleased you rate us so highly and look forward to seeing you again at Yo Yo's. Most times we get it right, and today we did.

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Been here many times, for food, drinks & both & have always returned because it's generally good. Very disappointed with front of house tonight though :( Almost accusatory in tone despite the error being with them taking the wrong number. Such a shame because the food & rest of service was great. Would go back but if I experience the same again I'd just go elsewhere

Dear Mogpick,
Thank you for your comments following your visit to Yo Yo's on the 9th May. Whilst I am pleased you enjoyed the food and service on the whole. I must apologise for the welcome you received from myself. The time, telephone number and the number in the party were wrong we had down for you and the way I greeted you was probably not the best so for this I sincerely apologise. Most of the times I get it right and sometimes I get it wrong but please do not be deterred from visiting Yo Yo's again and we are by far the best restaurant in the area for welcoming our guests and the usual high standards of our service as you can see from the next review. I will retrain myself to be more welcoming at the door when greeting customers. You would think after 37 years in the industry I would not make silly mistakes. Kind Regards Simon.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have passed this restaurant a thousand times and never knew, until recently, what a hidden gem this place was. My husband and i first ate at this restaurant a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love with it. The friendly greeting on arrival made us feel welcome, the waitor and waitress were really helpful and chatty and the food was to die for. The menu offers a massive variety of different dishes from many asian countries (Thai, Malaysian, Japanese and chinese)
Having visited 3 of these 4 countries, i didnt expect the food to taste like the dishes we had tasted abroad. To our disbelief, and for the first time ever in the U.K,the food that we ordered was exactly how we had remembered it when we visited Asia.
This is a 5 star restaurant in our opinion and would highly recommend it!!!

Dear Pestwales,

Many Thanks for such a great review on Trip Advisor and so pleased you enjoyed our food and service. My team and I try very hard to ensure the customer has a great experience every time they visit Yo Yo's and look forward to welcoming you again here soon.

Kind Regards Simon

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked a table for Friday evening, lovely bar area where we sat having a cocktail before our meal. All the staff were fantastic throughout the whole evening and the service they provided was the best I have experienced in a long time. The food was great we all had starters and main courses (unfortunately we were all too full for a pudding - maybe next time) all four of us loved the food and would definately go back again. The food and drink is reasonably priced, it is well worth a visit. They also do a take out service which we may try as having children it's not always easy to get a night out.

SIMON D, Owner at Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Nikki959, Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor, so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us. Cannot believe you did not leave room for one of our Treacle sponge and custard, or Chocolate scrapheap and Vanilla Icecream. Hopefully this will enable you to visit us again so you can indulge. Please tell your friends about Yo Yo's and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I visited YoYo with a friend after relocating back to Saltaire from Taiwan. My friend and I don't eat meat, the menu has plenty of options available for non meat eaters. My friend ordered the veggie Thai curry, I had the veggie sushi. My veggie sushi was fine, not the standard that I had become accustomed to in Asia, but not bad.
YoYo has a great selection of Asian lagers/beers, I think I will visit again.

SIMON D, Owner at Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Alex C,

Thank you for your comments following your recent visit to Yo Yo's. On our Sushi Menu we are limited on vegetarian Sushi, as this is normally all raw fish whether Makimono, Sushi or Sashimi. However as you indicated you will be returning just mention to the food server you are vegetarian and we can offer some further suggestions on vegetarian Sushi. We do hope you visit us again soon.

Kind Regards