“Lovely venue with friendly staff”
Review of Old Tramshed - CLOSED

Old Tramshed
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As the name suggests, this former old tram shed was built in 1904 in the village of Saltaire, which itself was founded in 1853 by Sir Titus Salt and takes its name from Sir Titus himself and the River Aire.Built by Sir Titus, Salts Mill was the centrepiece of. Saltaire around which he built the entire village, naming the streets after his children and family.Sir Titus however, would not allow a public house within the confines of the village fearing his workers would spend all their wages on ale and be too hung over to come to work. The last tram left the Saltaire depot in 1939 though it was still used during the 1950s for trolleybuses, later becoming a warehouse.Today, beautifully restored, The Old Tramshed is still an important landmark as well as a focal point for locals and visitors alike, and very much a part of the local community.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely venue with friendly staff”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Havent eaten here for a while and went back last week with a friend. Our food was really good, I had a king prawn with pasta dish and my friend had a good old gammon and chips. Both meals were cooked perfectly and the young waitress who served us was really friendly and chatty. We finished off with a couple of local ales downstairs which was one of the best pints I have had for a while. I love the atmosphere here, even though it was a Wednesday, in what was an Old Tramshed some time ago, great warm place to spend a windy autumn evening!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Muay72

“pleasant expensive food”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

we were staying in shipley for a couple of nights and were recommended to try the old tramshed. if you do not like loud music (although we do accept it was a saturday night)dont go. waitresses were very obliging and let us go into the quiet area but it was freezing with a large ceiling air conditioner on that was supposed to be blowing hot air basic to say i ate my meal in my coat with my collar up. food was ok my friends had rack of lamb (a rack is more than 2 bones with meat. all meals came basic, vegetables, chips etc. were extra priced. our bill came to nearly £90.00 to eat in a busy bar in our coats

• Visited November 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Unfortunately going down hill”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We go down to the Tramshed most of the time.to enjoy the food
and a group of us go on a Friday night they have a dj on, great atmosphere.the waitresses are fantastic and make you feel right at home, The food is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for so we don't mind spending a few quid as we are guaranteed good food and staff service.

We have been twice now in the last week or so and unfortunately it has been nothing to rave about, staff seem a little clueless, at times running round like chickens with no heads on, this is not what you want to see when having a meal.

We went down tonight, i took my old man who usually drinkspints of ale I asked the young girl wearing a red dress a few questions about the ale, and she seemedconfused and anotha member of staff had to come over and help her answer my questions about the alcohol percentage's etc I would normally gtake my hat off to the staff there for knowing there stuff but is the first time senior staff didn't have a clue!

UK
“Lunchtime stop off”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Was travelling in the area and dropped in for lunch. Service was good but a little disappointed with the selection. Had a sandwich and chunky fries. The fries tasted of fish which was a little disappointing and surprising!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Popped in for a pint...”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Impressive interior with a mix of old tram-shed architectural theme and some modern additions.
Yorkshire Blonde was passable as was the coffee.

Visited October 2013