“It was a little dark at first”

Heathcliff's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Heathcliff's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 70 Restaurants in Shipley
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Heathcliff's Restaurant is at the heart of Hollins Hall and embraces the best what Yorkshire has to offer.
Bolton le Sands, United Kingdom
“It was a little dark at first”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The reason for the title was that the lighting was so subdued when we arrived we could only barely see the menu. However that did change and lights once turned on did brighten the room we were in.
The food was ok and I felt the meal was generally ok but nothing special.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank steved1

Yorkshire
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We came to celebrate a family member's Birthday at lunch time. . All I can say is that it was a huge disappointment. The food tasted very poor and the quality was not good. I was reminded of past experiences of disappointing quality of food served in large chain hotels. We will not be coming here again.

• Visited May 2012
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Greak Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had breakfast here whilst staying at the Hollins Hall, there was lots of cooked food, cerial, pastrys etc and was all very tasty! Beautiful setting overlooking the hotel grounds!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ZoeLouise1988
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

The staff were so warm and welcoming. The food was very good quality and very good value for money. We were given very large portions. My friend and I were unable to finish our meals because we were given such large portions. We will definatley be returning, The half way house is better than some of the expensive restraunts I have eaten in!

Visited December 2012
“The cook can't even operate a microwave!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I was the only diner and ordered the steak and kidney pudding at a cost of £15. My expectations were high. Unfortunately, after a 20 minute wait, a pudding arrived. It was still frozen in the middle! I have never been served such an insult on a plate. Fortunately, the head waiter was lovely and very apologetic, this helped to prevent me from wanting to stuff the pudding in the cook's face. This restaurant clearly does not have a chef and is to be avoided at all costs. As a regular guest of Marriott hotels I can say that this poor quality is not the norm. It must just be this particular poor quality restaurant that can't even manage to defrost food! What a shame!

3 Thank B11boss