“excellent meal and value”
Review of Aagrah - Shipley

Aagrah - Shipley
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Shipley
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Aagrah experience is designed to overwhelm you with a complete sensory journey, encompassing the rich cultural ambiance and truly remarkable culinary sensation of authentic Kashmiri cuisine... Time and time again... Balancing time-honoured dishes with culinary innovation, our hand-picked, award winning team of chefs relentlessly aim to provide healthy and nutritious dishes prepared to nothing less than total satisfaction, in the most comfortable of atmospheres, to our esteemed clientele. Aagrah ~ satisfaction, comfort and affordability...
Bradford, United Kingdom
“excellent meal and value”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I love going here. There is always a good choice of dishes at the buffet including authentic vegetable and pulses in appropriate sauces. There is also a good selection of salads and spiced chutneys. Desserts are also included. Mango lassi is one of the nicest I have tasted.

If they have a weakness it is in the fact that their extremely courteous waiters are obviously expected to clear tables as quickly as possible. This unfortunately can mean that they come to clear plates away before the last person in a group has finished eating the course. I can understand that on a busy night when they are fully booked but it shouldn't need to happen when they still have plenty of tables!

• Visited March 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pre Xmas dinner”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I really rate the aagrah in Shipley and always save it for a special occasion like my birthday, the staff are always attentive and the food is excellent and so much choice from different regions around India and the Punjab . I recommend this Restraunt to any who loves Indian cuisine and stylish atmosphere in nice surroundings.

• Visited November 2013
“Disappointing visit”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Thought I would take my brother and his wife who was visiting from Birmingham out for a good Bradford curry. What a disappointment. Very poor service. Started by getting drinks order wrong, then forgot to bring popadoms. Didn't give us chance to finish these before bringing starters and trying to clear plates when not finished. Next thing, clearly asked for no coriander on my curry which waiter wrote down but completely ignored by kitchen staff cause guess what it was delivered with coriander on top. I had been telling me my sister in law how nice gulab jeman was and ordered some for her to try only to find them really tiny not like in most restaurants. Generally food was ok but spoilt by poor service which felt like being rushed as was busy and people waiting.

Visited February 2014
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We booked a table for 7 people at 7 on 15th February for a family birthday. An hour before we were to go out of courtesy we rang to say we were going to be a party of 6 rather than 7 and they had NO record of our booking. There was no apology or explanation they just said they had no record. What would we have done had we turned up? We ended up with a Shama takeaway from Bingley. Won't be rushing to the Aagrah again. Very upsetting for the birthday boy and my daughter who booked it for him.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Family Meal”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I took my sister here for Dinner.
Excellent meal, very good service, good ambience.
Well worth going here for a meal here.
They are licensed as well.
We had a half Tandoori Chicken & a Shahi Murgh Tandoori, plus a spinach dish , and a super Peshwari Naan.
Nice linen table clothes on the tables too.
I would highly recommend this Aagrah.
I believe they now have 17 restaurants in total.
This Aagrah has a Take away built on the side, it is the same kitchen and you can order chilled food as well as ready cooked.

• Visited February 2014