Homeleigh Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dubrovnik Hotel(Bradford)
The Highfield(Bradford)
View Hotel
All reviewsmain roadcomfortable beddouble roomstayed for nightskettleshoweryorkshire
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed for a friends wedding in a near by and wanted to try and keep the cost down as we had spent quite a bit travelling up from south London. My partner and I found the hotel friendly and accommodating. The owner was a real hoot and was always making us laugh. Rooms really clean basic, just what we needed. Very well priced for the area bargain ! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed at the Homeleigh due it's close location to Saltaire, which is well worth a visit but had a feeling of being over commercial and not particularly historically informative.
The hotel was comfortable in a standard British B&B sense but was in need of updating to make it worth its price tag. Breakfast was cooked to a high standard and the coffee was excellent which makes a pleasant change. However, the owner made us a little uneasy due to his off hand manner and intrusive questioning. Also, he wasn't particularily helpful when we phoned to ask for directions from the train station. The reply was ' get a taxi' and was reluctant to give directions on foot. A friendly postman pointed us in the right direction, and after a five minute walk we arrived. The owner seem quite put out when he realised we hadn't caught a taxi. Very bizarre behaviour. Reviews on this site and others echo our experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oliver j
Reviewed October 5, 2011

The hotel makes an excellent base for Leeds, Bradford, Skipton and anyone walking the last 30 miles of Leeds Liverpool canal. Buses and trains to the towns are easily available. A small hotel, like so many in Britain, a bit dated and in need of a revamp. The single bedroom was clean but with minimal facilities, no shampoos or tea making facilities in my room but this seemed to be an omission rather than practice. Disappointed when used wet towel was refolded for use again.Stairs to bedrooms quite steep
TV was quite modern with Freeview. Bed comfortable. Breakfast excellent. Free parking to rear.Traffic noise can be heard from front bedrooms but nothing that kept me awake. Staff friendly.
Close to the hotel is fish and chip shop and an Indian and Italian restaurant - the Indian I would recommend for quality and price. Pricewise the hotel is a bargain compared to Leeds prices.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gil B
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This B&B is located in a convenient part of Saltaire/Shipley, about a five minute walk from the main shops and restaurants and a ten minute walk from the train station.

The interior of the B&B needs some serious updating and sprusing as it looks tired and a bit grubby with the cream woodchip wallpaper and the polystyrene ceiling tiles. That's not to say that the B&B is dirty- in fact it's very clean- it just looks a bit shabby and in need of redecoration.

My room was small and very very basic, but the bed was so comfortable that I slept like a log! Again, the bedroom and en-suite could have done with updating. The main issue that I found was that the only conveniences for guests were a bar of soap and a glass. There were no tea/coffee facilities, no shower gel and, perhaps most suprisingly, no towels. When I realised that there were no towels I went in search of the owner but I couldn't find him and I was on a bit of a tight schedule to meet colleagues so I had one of them bring a towel for me for in the morning! As Homeleigh is a small B&B, I understand why they may not supply towels due to the laundry bill, but I think this needs to be made clear to guests at the time of booking! Unless, I was just unfortunate and they forgot to put towels in my room!

I didn't book to have breakfast at Homeleigh but this wasn't an issue as there are plenty of places in Saltaire to grab a quick bacon cob.

Overall, I think Homeleigh offers good value for money as long as you can over look the dated and tired decor and the lack of amenities in the rooms.

Room Tip: Bring your own tea/coffee facilities and towels
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Bunnytwoshoes
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We wanted to stay in or close to Leeds without spending too much and this fit the bill. It was much cheaper than staying in Leeds but it is still so convenient. You could stay here and catch the train from here into Leeds, which is only a few minutes away.
Saltaire mill and park, and the canal, are only a few minutes walk away, and are a great way to spend a day.
The owner was a friendly guy. Our double room was perfectly seviceable and had a huge and very comfortable bed. The shower in the en-suite was great. We had a good night's sleep as it was very quiet and there was plenty to eat at breakfast. You can park the car on the premises and there appears to be cct surveillance of the parking area.
We would return again.