“Eddys Back!!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Its been a while since I had visited Imperial on Thornton Rd but was chuffed to bits when I heard Eddy was moving to Shipley and taking on my mates premises. What a team these guys will make....the food was still as I remembered it and what made me drive to the top of Thornton Rd often. Eddy still hasnt changed but must admit his witty jokes and comments have improved LOL Excellent atmosphere and surroundings with great front of house...thanks for the free drinks Abz you know you will be seeing me again.....with a few more friends!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

once again an excellent meal and evening was had with eddie and abb, as always staff very atttentive, i do beleive eddie has not aged since the 80's when we used to go to the original imperial on thornton road. see you all on our return from our hols

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Visited imperial last night with my friend.
We wanted a nice Chinese restaurant but not a buffet,and this was perfect! We ordered a LOT! The Bo-Bo chicken is amazing, and the ribs are some of the best I've ever had in a Chinese restaurant.
Didn't realise it was the same imperial as was once on Thornton. Must say I think this time it's back and it's better. The menu is varied and well priced and the staff are very helpful, they know they're dishes and will recommend-and also they don't judge when two of you order enough for four!
This is now going to be my new takeaway too-I'd rather drive and collect when the food is this good. I'm going to go try the early bird too, but overall this place is the best on Shipley, if not one of the best in Bradford.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

we used to go to the Imperial very regularly in the 1980s when it was at the top of Thornton road and we lived locally but attendance dwindled when we moved away. Today I find myself back in the area and discovered (through this web site) it has re opened in Shipley.
Amazingly, Eddie recognised me after all this time, how is that for front of house service? It is a stylish venue with excellent service, the food was lovely, my partner had the fixed price 3 course early bird special and his mixed starter was so large he could not finish it which was a first for him, there was easily enough for two people. My chicken satay was perfectly seasoned and the chicken was melt in the mouth tender. One beer, two house Chardonnays and a lemonade for under £30. Superb quality, value for money and service, thank you Imperial, you have competition in Shipley but I am sure you will do well.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I took my (vegan) friend to the imperial for a birthday meal. the staff were friendly, welcoming and the atmosphere was brilliant. the staff had no issue in explaining how things were cooked for my very fussy friend. and the food and presentation were simply outstanding. recommended for everyone !!