“Tasty.busy, parking!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Colne, United Kingdom
“Tasty.busy, parking!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Visited a couple of times now. Once parked the food is of good quality, the service can be slow due to the amount of people but its worth the small wait. Not the cheapest for a sandwich but you pay for quality. Well worth a visit when in the area

• Visited December 2012

Wilsden
“Good food, good atmosphere.”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

To celebrate my partner's new employment, we decided to dine at this little bistro in Shipley.
Table was booked in advance ( which I recommend, if you wish to dine the there at weekends) and we sat downstairs amongst many tables already halfway through their meals.
Our waiter was friendly, without being overly intrusive, and upon hearing I spoke french seemed genuinely delighted to be able to natter in his mother tongue.
We opted for starters and mains. Assiette de Charcuterie ( selection of cold meats) for me and Fish Soup for my partner. Both portions were very generous and the flavours were excellent.
Our mains were from the menu (Toulouse sausages for me, Coq Au Vin for her), despite being tempted by the specials board, and, again, were quite filling and generous. We may have been fortunate, or just lucky, in our choices as the whole meal was just the right combination of flavours.
A reasonably priced bottle of champagne accompanied the meal, which ended with the best espresso I've had this year (finally!!) and a bill that was surprisingly under my expectation.
During the meal, listening to the staff, seeing what dishes were available and how they were presented, it was clear to me that this place is everybody's little secret... So let's try and keep this little gem of a bistro as it is!

bradford
“what a place”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

the deco lovely, the food great, the front of house ok, the place could do with a good clean tho, nice place just like being in france
all five stars

• Visited November 2012
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
“Tres bien !”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nice atmosphere, the authentic French music certainly helped. Staff were attentive and service was about right - not too fast, not too slow. Our young waiter was able to describe the night's specials without referring to notes, and told us up front the item that was not on that evening. A slight hiccup with the wine, in part probably my fault for not being clear enough, but this was quickly resolved. If I have one niggle, it is the lack of choice on the wine list. The addition of 3 or 4 quality French wines would be a great improvement. I have emailed the owner with suggestions, lets see if he agrees with me!
The menu choices were good, both a la carte and fixed price to choose from. The devilled kidneys were a superb entree and in true French style a cheaper cut of meat (Brisket) had been well cooked and tasted superb. The potato dauphinoise were well made and tasty, but unfortunately the sauce reacted with the jus and split; not a problem, simply a comment. We are certainly looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited November 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“a good all-rounder”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have been here a couple of times now both for lunch and dinner and so far the place has delivered, good sandwiches, burgers and cakes for lunch. The food on the evening menu was equally tasty the portion size huge and the wine and coffee also good. The service was pretty good too.

• Visited October 2012