“Saltaire's gem of a restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vicars Cafe Bistro - CLOSED

Vicars Cafe Bistro
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Saltaire's gem of a restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

When we went for a weekend to Saltaire, we had done our research and noticed this recommended restaurant one evening. It looked beautiful, and we were warmly welcomed. The atmosphere was friendly, the decor stylish, and we were stunned by the quality of the food. Four of us all were delighted by the fantastic, delicious dishes (so much so that two of us had a second serving of our starters instead of dessert, unheard of!). When we discovered the way the restaurant was run, we were even more impressed, and wish the enterprise well

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew A, Manager at Vicars Cafe Bistro, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out to leave such a positive comment. I am really pleased that you gave us a try on your weekend in Saltaire and that the food was to your liking. We hope you will pay us another visit when next in the area.

leeds
“interesting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have been to this cafe a few times, but the last time the service let it down, Often I have had to wait for a while to be served food, but when eating I am usually with friends so it isn't a problem. I had to wait 30 mins for a coffee and then gulp it down as was due to be meeting someone. II love the fact that they have people working here who do have additional learning needs, but think that possibly some more training is required as I watched my coffee eventually coming towards me and the person carrying it stuck his finger in it - must have hurt as was very hot, however not very hygenic either. In saying that I would return but do think staffing and organisation of them needs to improve.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I’m sorry to hear that your last visit to the cafe was not up to our usual high standards. As a social enterprise we are committed to developing the skills of our team members who either have or are completing NVQ qualifications within the industry. However, the young gentleman in question was a pupil with learning difficulties from a local school on a week’s work experience with us. This posed a challenge for both the pupil in dealing with the general public and for myself and the staff in looking after and helping to develop him. With regards to you not being happy with your coffee, had you asked to speak to the manager/supervisor this would and could have been resolved speedily. Many thanks for saying that you will return to Vicars café bistro; I’m confident that your next visit will be a good experience.
Co Durham
“So friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having waited in one of the eateries inside Salts Mill for 10 minutes before even being greeted, then leaving annoyed, we chanced upon Vicars. We were immediately greeted in a very friendly and genuine way by a delightful waitress. It's a lovely place inside, very clean and bright. I asked if they could make an adjustment to one of the dishes and this was accommodated happily. We had a light lunch and enjoyed it very much. Prices are more than reasonable. Would highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
Bradford
“Rustic and lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have visited Vicars on several occasions;, a couple of times for tea cake and once for the bistro. I had the apple and caramel cake and can honestly say it was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten! The three course meal I had at the bistro was also tasty, well prepared and very fulfilling. The staff are lovely and welcoming. Would highly recommend Vicars.

• Visited May 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vicars - Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Vicars is a great place to go for either lunch or to hire for the evening. We hired the space for a friend’s birthday, both the food and service were excellent!!

• Visited April 2013