“A nice spot”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Lunch here was ok with a simple adequate menu and emphasis on homemade provisions in a casual café atmosphere. Food was good, service was patchy. It was a busy time so perhaps caught short? No sparkling water in stock.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Last night was lovely. Perfectly lovely. We had the little table for two by the door and there were fresh daffodils and a tea-light candle, so flowers and candlelight! We both chose Vicar's fishcake with sweet chili sauce and it was sooooo good. Then Rob got the calves' liver and mash with onions and bacon. I got the monkfish cheeks and rocket. They both were heavenly and so beautifully presented...like art, not sauce heaped all over so you couldn't tell what was what. There were also chef's steamed veg for both of us. Then the dessert... Rob got sticky toffee pudding with caramel sauce and I had winterberry cheesecake...both to die for! It was relaxing and fun and very romantic. Just perfect!!!

1  Thank sheridan2012
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went to this cafe on a sunny day in Saltaire, mostly because of the reviews on TripAdvisor. I was probably expecting a little bit more on the menu and had overestimated what a cafe could provide. The lunch menu is very simple and yet well assorted, with a good range of sandwiches and a couple of pasta dishes or the soup of the day. The sandwiches are made ready to order and were very tasty. I personally had the beef and caramelised onions, while my partner had the tuna and cucumber one and it came with plenty of fillings.
The interiors of the place are very characteristic and add to the charm of the cafe.
Service was spot on.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have visited Vicars on a few occasions and have never been disappointed. I went to a friend's 'special birthday' evening meal last Tuesday and we had a fantastic evening, the food was delicious and plentiful, the service was friendly and attentive, and drinks very competitively priced. As I live local I know from friends and work colleagues how much they enjoy visiting Vicar's whether for a snack during the day or an evening meal and have not heard one negative comment.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I visited Vicars with a large family party celebrating my aunt's 90th birthday a couple of weeks ago. We arrived a little late but the table we had booked had been kept for us, despite it being a busy Bank Holiday. We were greeted by friendly smiles, excellent service, delicious food and 7 people ate a good lunch for £40 - which was great as my aunt insisted on paying! I will definitely return.