“Lovely atmosphere for lunch”
Review of Vicars Cafe Bistro - CLOSED

Vicars Cafe Bistro
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been to this cafe a few times but only for lunch. The staff are always helpful and happy to explain anything on the menu to you. The specials are always delicious as is the rest of the menu. I've tried 2/3 different sandwiches and all have been fab, whilst my partner has tried other things and enjoyed them. It's quite a small premises so not always the easiest to navigate with our little girl in her pushchair but we've never had an issue where we've not been able to fit in. Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This friendly and slightly quirky place-with-a-story is much improved and deserves a much higher profile within the area for good food, friendly service and value for money compared to the other cafes in village and the better known and more expensive alternatives at salts mill. By day it's a great quality cafe with a simple and wholesome lunch time menu, Good coffee and tempting cakes. At weekend evenings it does a great value bistro. Excellent. The story? Well ask the staff but it was started by two vicars and there's a real community focus with other activities going on in the upstairs room during the day. Matt the manager is improving the menu and feel of the place steadily. Check it out.

2  Thank hattamr
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I popped into this smallish eatery with my 2 children and husband after a visit to Salt's Mill. Having previously had poor food at the Mill, we were determined to find food elsewhere and found Vicars

We had a quick lunch and cups of coffee etc, and the staff couldn't have been nicer.

It's really clean and comfy - with the stripped would benches and tables keeping the place informal.

They do serve alcohol - they must have got a license recently, and OH had a very reasonably priced glass of wine with his lunch.

Will definately recommend and visit again

1  Thank edward-n-mads-mum
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I've visited here a few times now, booking the upstairs room for a comfy coffee and cake afternoon and popping in for lunch. Each time I visit, the service is consistently friendly and the food...well....delicious and you don't leave hungry!

Would heartily recommend for a friendly lunch whilst supporting a worthy social enterprise.

1  Thank OnionAndSage
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Didn't even know about this place, but went for a Christmas Mum's from school night out and all I can say is what a little gem. Apparently they don't usually do many nights, only Friday and Saturdays, but during the busy Christmas season they are open more frequently. The food was fabulous, I had tomato and basil risotto cakes, delicious and unusual, followed by a large piece of pork with crispy crackling and vegetables (lovely) and finally a heavenly Sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. My only criticism was that they only brought one bowl of vegetables, which for a table of 7 was not quite enough. However, when we asked for some more,it was no problem at all and they were happy to oblige, but we did then have to wait, even though it was only a short time. It was then topped off by some delicious, little complementary mince pies to have with our coffeeThe staff were lovely and obliging, the atmosphere relaxed and extremely pleasant and I thoroughly enjoyed my night out . I would definitely reccommend this bistro and will be making a return visit in the very near future.

2  Thank Sue130660
Matthew A, Manager at Vicars Cafe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Hello Sue130660. Many thanks for taking the time out to leave some feedback about your recent experiences here at Vicars. We are delighted to hear that you and your party enjoyed your evening.
I must admit I find it difficult not be tempted by the sticky toffee pudding each night I'm here! We really look forward to seeing you again in the New Year and hope you will help to spread the word about what's currently going on here at the Cafe/Bistro.