“Best curry ever!”

Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best curry ever!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We love this place and wouldn't go anywhere else for Indian cuisine in the area - it's just awesome and would wholeheartedly recommend it. Best dishes include Desi Chicken Jaipuri and Chicken Makhani although all are amazing. No wonder they win competitions and awards consistently, it's just great!

Visited August 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I went to Shama with 2 friends on a Friday night and the food was fantastic, my chicken masalla was spot on as was the corriander naan and saag paneer side dish. The restaurant is basic no frills and if you were passing by the external appearance might put you off. There is no alcohol licence but you can bring your own. I tend to go once every 6 months and the last time we went we were a little disappointed so maybe it can be a bit "hit and miss", but It was certainly a hit this time round.

• Visited June 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Blast from the past!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

As a regular at the (long gone) Keighley takeaway years ago, I was greatly impressed by the Shipley restaurant - cuisine is almost identical to that I remember. Naan in particular is exceptional and compliments the Chicken Madras (a staple I use to compare between Asian Eateries) to a tee!

Visited April 2013
bradford
“Not Good”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Poor quality food also needs a face lift very old fashioned came here 20 years ago not much has changed

Visited December 2012
Paris, France
“Average”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Having read the other commentaries, I decided to visit this restaurant to see for myself.

I must admit that I was a little disapointed with what I found.

The service was good and could not be faulted, the place was clean, the chapatis were hot and served in a metal container that kept them warm. The mixed kebab was copious but the main problem what it was not very tasty. Neither was the main dish, although it was spicy and contained lots of corriander, they was not a lot of taste otherwise.

The price was good, but I must admit I would have prefered to pay a little more to receive something with a little more taste. All in all, it was pretty average.

• Visited April 2013