“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kerala Cafe - CLOSED

Kerala Cafe
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
Description: Kerala Cafe's chefs prepare creative and innovative dishes to create the ultimate collection and delivery experience. Our chefs offer expert knowledge of Halal, South Indian to enhance your delivery experience. Authentic Halal, South Indian at great prices. Try Kerala Cafe, where your sure to get wonderful food delivered straight to you.
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Excellent service and very friendly...... Had an awsome time!!! Great location, atmosphere and arrangements.Service is excellent and the food is amazing

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Smashing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have visited Kerala Cafe on numerous occasions and it has never been anything less than excellent. The menu is very different to other indian restaurants but the waiters are very eager to explain what everything is. We have to keep going back to try all the different things on the menu. Service is excellent and the food is amazing. Hooray!

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Genius”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Loved it! I got a real insight to what Kerala really is. The traditional food was just splendid. Different and refreshing. Great location, atmosphere and arrangements. The traditional furniture took me back to my holidays in India itself. AMAZING staff who provided world class service and the food was more the exceptional. Great place for Vegetarians too. Excellent selection of drinks. Good range of desserts. None of us could find a fault at this place. Will be returning!

The bathroom and the kitchen need to be on different sides of the building! You really need to get a little more creative with the theme though! Although it was good, Kerala is a lot more than that! :) The entrepreneur in me wanted to tell you these ideas :D

Overall, BRILL!

1 Thank DimbleMathew
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Didn't disappoint a second time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Having enjoyed our visit the first time nearly a year ago we decided to visit again. There have been mixed reviews during the intervening months but I wasn't going to let that put me off.

Having got there early we hoped there would not be a delay like others had experienced and all the courses were presented promptly. I did notice that guests who came later had to wait longer.

Although front of house is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable I would suggest that the kitchen needs more staff to get the dishes out quicker.

The Kerala Fish Special is more than just special, it is sublime.

Criticisms include the dirty toilet and the cold atmosphere. There are large windows which make the room feel colder. Perhaps get more heating in and some curtains up.

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Sooo slow”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived at 7.30pm, ordered reasonably quickly. The restaurant knew a large party was coming, and had said we may have to wait a while for the food. However at about 8.30 the waiter explained that my choice of dish was not available that evening. Hmm. Waiting a while is one thing - this was getting beyond reasonalbe. I gave my second choice. By 9.30, still none of us had our main course. Some of us had chappattis, but they're no use with nothing to go with them! When my dish ('Special Vegetables') finally arrived at 9.40, it consisted of boiled frozen peas, carrots and beans with a vague hint of curry sauce over them. By this time hunger had passed me by, though I did struggle through a bit of it. It was the least tasty meal ever. Other dishes seemed better. But there's no excuse in my book for serving boiled frozen veg as a meal!