“Truly Delightful”

Massarella's Cafe Bar & Fine Art
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Shipley
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Massarella's has established itself as one of the finest Cafe Bars in the area offering high quality soups, paninis, sandwiches, fine wines and local bottled beers, as well as serving superb coffee by Barista-trained coffee makers.Situated on Saltaire's main thoroughfare at 14 Victoria Road, we are equally well known for our Art Gallery which showcases some of the best local artists in the area.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This place is lovely. The food is scrumptious and made to order all fresh, with scones that are heavenly.We have tried all the cafes in the surrounding area and this is the best by far. The atmosphere happy and comfortable. The staff and owner are welcoming and very helpful.

There are newer reviews for Massarella's Cafe Bar & Fine Art

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Having read the reviews of other disappointed customers I am sorry to say i too found the lady in charge to be quite brusk.
We sat near the counter and I heard her to be very sharp in tone to the young waiter several times.
It was quite embarrassing.
Time was spent putting cutlery into serviettes after the food was handed to us. Why not have them on the table already to save time.
It was a busy bank holiday Saturday, so why not have more staff waiting on.
With a little bit more effort this would have been a much better experience.
Could do better.

1  Thank emmasmum58
Reviewed August 23, 2013

On visiting Salts mill with my two teenage children we decided to have a tread in one of the cafe's. On looking at most on the street this was the most welcoming in appearance, and had a varied menu in the window.

The service was fantastic - but you must try the homemade soup, I tried mushroom soup with sherry and cream and was the best homemade soup I have ever tried. My children had crumpets and the other had a homemade toastie which was well presented with lovely salad and homemade coleslaw with chunks of fresh apple.

We were tempted by the cakes on display and we had the popular lemon cake which my daughter kept all to herself!! While me and my son shared the victoria sponge (how can they get cakes to rise so well - she did give me a hint but sadly still didn't work for me!!

The owner was very friendly and would not hesitate to go again. Many thanks for such lovely homecooked food.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We tend to take for granted that a restaurant is worth a review when we've had a four course meal, wine and all the trimmings, but it struck me that there are numerous cafes which offer cakes and coffee all over the world and indeed, we've caked and coffee'd in lots of them in recent years.

It struck me on a recent visit to Massarella's Café Bar that we have the best cake and coffee available right on our doorstep. We've popped in here on several occasions when in Saltaire and have rather taken for granted the quality of what's on offer. I am a real fan of cake - the ones here are consistently mouthwatering and though every type has its merits, my main accolade goes to the sticky date cake. I could really eat this til I didn't want any lunch or dinner. So well done to having such a brilliant cake and coffee café so close to home. Brilliantly yummy.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Nice light and airy cafe a short walk from Salts Mill. Nicely furnished and decorated, with works of art for sale on the walls. The coffees and food taken were of good quality. Worth a visit.