“Our stay on the 29th Dec 2012”

Ibis Bradford Shipley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shipley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eastbourne
“Our stay on the 29th Dec 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by a lovely receptionist. we had our three dogs with us and were given a lovely room down on the ground floor. The rooms have all been refurbished like the ad says and were very comfortable and clean. Our dogs loved it. I used to live in saltaire so the walk on the canal with the dogs brought back good memories. It was nice to see hey have kept the canal clean although there are more flats and apartments there now. we went to Shimla Indian restaurant for a curry left the dogs in the room and the curry was superb. The portion size was massive! and nowhere near like it is in the south(small Portions) so we had our meal went back and our dogs were so well behaved in the room. We had a drink at the bar Non alco that is and then retired to bed. After a good night sleep we ecided to have breakfast. Man that was so nice all cooked well and eat as much as you want for 7 quid!. All this throughout was presented with nice staff and nice attitudes No misery guts and not like some of the more expensive hotels I have stayed in. So if you need a lovely hotel with nice staff stay at this hotel. And they take dogs! for a fiver a night. We had three so they will allow you to have them in the room.
Cracking

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerBradford, General Manager at Ibis Bradford Shipley, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank You for your very kind review of ibis Bradford. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and recognised the service levels from the team. We understand that many people like to travel with their pets and this is becoming more popular. We agree that the Shimla spice is a great nearby restaurant and it is pleasing this added to your experience.

John Holroyd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here a few times and they have all been good. Staff are great and its clean. The only bad points are breakfast is £7.95. (Pop to Wetherspoons its only £2.09 and only 5 mins walk). The second problem is the Wi Fi's not free, they charge £2.00 an hour. Other than that very good....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ManagerBradford, General Manager at Ibis Bradford Shipley, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank You for your review of ibis Bradford, I was sorry to learn you found the breakfast offer expensive compared to our nearby competitors however we offer an all you can eat hot and cold buffet with a great selection of fresh and healthy food as a pose to a plated meal. We are as a company looking into a solution for wifi so hopefully if you stay again soon you will find this offer has improved. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you again very soon.

Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very good hotel for an overnight stay, room was very comfortable, with good basic facilities. The bed was excellent and what made it even better was the provision of really good quality pillows, only comment was why have three pillows in the room when its a double bed and most people prefer two pillows, three is an odd number in more ways than one. The shower was excellent very powerful and the rest of the facilities including the TV was modern and well thought of. I stay at a lot of so called better hotels and for a budget hotel this is excellent even better than the more expensive premier inn. Just one more point we have stayed every year for the past three years and it has improved significantly since the first visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank You so much for your valuable feedback, regarding your comment about the pillows I am pleased to inform you we now have 4 pillows per room. The team and I are particularly pleased that you notice improvements each time you stay, We aim to keep updating the hotel where we can and from comments like yours we try and react quickly to improve the guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

When we arrived I was told new beds had been bought since we last stayed so we should have a good nights sleep. I replied I hope so as I had with the old one last year. Unfortunately this wasn't the case. I have degenerating discs in my spine and a hard mattress with a topper which had replaced the previous foam ? mattress was much too hard. There was no way I could sleep on my side without forcing my spine out of line and sleeping on my back is uncomfortable. No doubt men and larger women with plenty of padding (I am a size 12) wouldn't find it a problem, but my hips hit the bottom and curved my spine. I can appreciate that the new set up makes it easier for the staff to change the bedding and no doubt is easier on their backs as they don't have to lift a heavy as the sheets were tucked under the topper. It was a great disappointment as we have friends in the area and we found it an ideal place to stay when visiting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your kind review of the hotel, I was very sorry to learn you found our new Sweet Beds too firm for your liking. We do hope this does not deter your from staying with us again and we would be happy to place duvets above the mattress topper if this helps with your back. We do look forward to seeing you again soon and if I can offer any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact myself.

John Holroyd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Jurys Inn Bradford
Jurys Inn Bradford
#4 of 27 in Bradford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,223 reviews

Been to Ibis Bradford Shipley? Share your experiences!