“excellent service and food”
Review of The Old Glen House

The Old Glen House
Ranked #17 of 78 Restaurants in Shipley
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Old Glen House is a welcoming country pub situated on the idyllic Baildon Moor only minutes from the Shipley glen tramway, serving a range of cask beers, wines and home cooked food. With the wood-burning stove roaring away in the winter and the vast beer garden open on the summer days it is the perfect venue all year around. Whether you call in after a walk (with or without a dog), a cycle ride or as a diner or drinker you can always be assured of a warm welcome.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I came here with my 2 year old son and a friend for sunday lunch yesterday, straight away the staff (2 young blonde girls and a young man) were extremely helpful, we found a table and one of the girl waitress came staight away to take or drink orders, which then came very quickly, she then came to take our food order and was very helpful with her recomendations, the waiter was also very helpful and friendly with my son, which is very rare in this country these days, the food came quickly and was very good, and in my opinion not over priced ( £14.95 for a very nice 2 course meal is not over priced! all round a great place to eat.

4  Thank crwg2010

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Looking for somewhere to celebrate my wife's birthday I had to find a local restaurant as we had visitors later in the afternoon, so I chanced on the Old Glen House for a Sunday lunch. I am much travelled around the world and have to say that the food was well in excess of my expectations in terms of quality and preparation. Friendly service, but the real accolades go to Matthew and Steven in the kitchen, This was top restaurant class fare; indeed I've eaten in many a top restaurant where the quality was far less.

In addition to the quality of the food, it was also innovative - a Hake steak on a bed of spiced pulses demonstrated a flair for contrasting tastes as well as the ability to cook it. Al dente vegetables were spot on and the starter and sweets were impressive too. The wine list offered variety and all in all the experience was a real bonus, We shall be returning for further investigation of the imaginative menu.

1  Thank Macfeegal
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had lunch today for 4 at Old glen house.
Not been before, but poor food and service. They forgot our drinks order and had to be reminded, had to ask for menu. Then for 4 people they brought over 2 tiny rolls on a wooden board for 4 people? I asked why only 2 and got a completely bull••••
response. The brought out 2 lamb and 2 beef and the lamb was inedible and a tiny bowl of hard vegetables unsuitable for 4 people.
£60 for a Sun lunch and 2 lagers and 2 soft drinks. You do the math. Poor example and cant see them surviving these days with these standards. Shame

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Family outing to celebrate a birthday. This restaurant was recommended for us to try. I have to say it was a lovely surprise. Yes we shared bread buns but with a starter and a main course you do not really need a lot of bread. I had the starter and the main course from the special board - squid followed by hake both very good. My daughter had the rib eye - it has to be the best rib eye I have ever tasted and very tender. Other family members had fish pie and calves liver and all were impressed. Services was excellent. A very enjoyable evening.

1  Thank MazKitch
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had a Saturday night there last weekend for a friend's birthday celebration, some twenty two people, locals and friends from other parts of the country (and overseas in my case): it could all have been a recipe for disaster, catering semi-simultaneously for this sometimes rather rowdy collection of friends, sitting around a group of tables, put together as one? Instead, the young staff were excellent, amusing where they could have been flustered and the food was first-class: this restaurant is definitely in my 'restaurants to re-visit' list when I am next in the area - excellent!

1  Thank Phil R