“Excellent Hotel with Great Service”
Review of Abbey Lodge Hotel

Abbey Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Shipley B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2013

As many others have stated this is an excellent hotel and great value for money especially in this area. Our room was large, clean, quiet and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very modern with a lovely walk in power shower. The breakfast was fabulous with all you could ask for. The staff were all extemely friendly and most helpful. The car park is at the back of the hotel on a first come first served basis and can fill up quite quickly, however, there is street parking at the front of the hotel and we had no problem parking there. There is no lif,t so if stairs are a problem ask for a ground floor room.
I only have one small gripe, which is although this is a completely non smoking hotel, guests smoke outside with the doors open and the smoke drifts through to the breakfast0 dining room, which is not pleasant when eating.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are probably quieter away from the main road, also ask for grounfd floor if stairs...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night in September 2013. The hotel was immaculately presented, and the staff were incredibly pleasant and efficient. The rooms were large and spacious (we stayed in the most basic room too - I imagine the superior rooms were even bigger), and the whole place had clearly been renovated very recently. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the TV had a great range of channels on offer. The only downside was that we were in a top-floor room, and the sloped ceiling presented a slight problem for me as I am quite a large (6'5") gentleman. My slightly smaller companion (5'6") had no issue though, and could access the whole room fine.

The bathroom was also quite big, and the décor was very modern and well-designed. We did have an odd issue during the night where there was no cold water (both taps ran hot), although this had resolved itself by morning so we didn't need to report anything.

The room rate includes breakfast as standard, and the quality is outstanding (I've paid upwards of £20/person for worse food than this). The hot food is cooked to order, and other breakfast items (cereal, fruit etc) is in a buffet-style layout. The coffee and tea is self-serve, and there is a great range of choice.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, and I will definitely be returning the next time I am in the city.

Room Tip: If you are of, ahem, advanced stature like me (6'5"), ask for a lower-floor room, as the sl...
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just had to report on this hotel. I booked a twin room which cost me £65.00 for a Saturday night stay. I though it was quite expensive for what i'm used to paying but i realised firstly when i walked in my room what good value this hotel is. Very smart, clean room, First time in a hotel that i have slept on a comfy bed. Glanced in the kitchen and it was spotless. In fact everything was spotless. I had a specific reason to stay there this weekend but i wont need a reason next time other than for a pleasant break. Thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank John C
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Single night spent at this hotel . Booked as needed to be close to a function we were attending . Difficult allocating stars - 4stars here reflect value for money . Excellent value for wife and I in good sized room - breakfast included . Has clearly been recently refurbished and room was very tidy and shower etc recently installed . Room has tea/coffee making facilities , flat screen TV and free WiFi ( which worked well) . This was a difficult hotel to find and We seemed to battle with satnav and one way systems . Couple who arrived prior to us had same problem . Parking is at rear of hotel so spaces are limited - so if you can get in early . If full looks to be difficult finding a convenient alternative . Hotel has small bar area , which we did not use but was popular . Snacks also available I understand on a night . The cooked breakfast included in the room rate was good and serving staff friendly - as were all the staff . Would recommend if like us you need a short stay in a comfortable setting .

was good

Room Tip: We booked a superior room which gives a little more space
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A 3 day stay which was a delight.
I hadn't expected too much at such a modest rate but from arrival to departure it was excellent.
Lovely,friendly kitchen staff brightened our mornings with local bacon,eggs and mushrooms.
The room was large.well furnished and clean with quality bedding.
I didn't know they allowed dogs until I read other reviews today and I am now home.

I spend a lot of time touring and there are many big name operators who could do with a training weekend for their staff and executives at this hotel.

Great value for money and deserve more success.
Thanks to all
Jim and Ann Mulholland

Room Tip: We were on the first floor in a superior room
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here for a night and the staff were pleasant, helpful and keen. Rooms area little on the small side but decorated modernly. Breakfast was okay. The reception/lounge area is not too large but serves its purpose.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is perfect for a short stay and is great value for money. So, the parking was a little bit confusing - but the hotel and, in particular, the staff were outstanding. We were made to feel very welcome by everyone we spoke to. The breakfast was excellent, the rooms very well equipped and the check in / check out process very smooth.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Ibis Bradford Shipley
#8 of 27 in Bradford
Oakwood Hall Hotel
Oakwood Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bingley

Been to Abbey Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!