“EandL”

Ranked #1 of 3 Shipley B&B and Inns
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“EandL”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Made a fast late booking on line for the Abbey Lodge Hotel.
GREAT!!! friendly staff and service,the rooms clean and modern.
Would stay again if travelling to Bradford.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I cannot fault the warmth of the welcome, the 'Nothing is too much trouble attitude' of all the staff. If it wasn't there (which in the main - it was!) one just had to ask and hey-presto - Done! The rooms are very comfortable, beds -excellent and a wonderful breakfast freshly cooked to order...you don't always get that now -do you? I would most certainly return any time. Many thanks and a great WELL DONE to Abbey Lodge.

Room Tip: If you really don't want sound effects from other guests..just ask...I will next time. As this w...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Very comfortable, immaculately clean, excellent service & fantastic value for money. Would not consider staying anywhere else in West Yorkshire.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We spent two nights at the Abbey, as I was attending a course locally for work! Booked on booking.com and was impressed from the beginning. I had assumed the reasonable price was due to my early booking- but have now realised that the pricing was as normal ( and excellent for the quality of provision).
Our room was spacious, spotlessly clean and well equipped. The staff were superb! The are friendly ( but respectful of your privacy), and noting is too much bother.
The range of breakfast provided was excellent ( especially considering the price).
We will be going back to the area for leisure this time and we will be booking directly with the Abbey! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone! They are great!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I had the absolute pleasure to stay at the Abbey Lodge last night & felt compelled to say what a wonderful Hotel it is. I travel round the UK with work a lot & have the dubious pleasure of enjoying faceless, bland Hotel Chains on a weekly basis. The Abbey Lodge not only represents great value for money but a surprisingly friendly & pretty 'chic' hotel, from the genuine welcome i received on arrival to a lovely breakfast this morning (with quality ingredients!!) the whole experience was a credit to the hotel owners & staff. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at The Abbey Lodge & avoid the staid corporate branded hotels that are dotted around the area!!

• Stayed February 2012
Shipley, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stay in hotels all the time for business and can be quite demanding, so before booking in my mum at this hotel I went to check it out. I couldn't have been more impressed by the staff and the accommodation.
My mum stayed over Christmas and the place was very busy - testament to the quality of the hotel. Modern but comfortable rooms, staff who can't do enough for you and a price that's extremely reasonable; this place can't come highly enough recommended by me (and as i say, I can be demanding and stay in some very luxurious hotels).
The most important thing is the family atmosphere - you feel you're a welcome guest, and you cant say that everywhere. I'll definitely be booking it again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Our first time for a few days away in Yorkshire. Found this hotel on line and as with any on line booking we were slightly anxious prior to arrival. Absolutely no need to be concerned!

The room was fantastic with modern fixtures and fittings, a really comfortable bed with Egyptian Cotton (at least we think it was) bedding, flat screen wall mounted tv and a massive shower. I'm a big lad so that was great. The breakfast was superb in a comfortable spacious dining room.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and when I mentioned we were going out for a meal to the Aagrah Restaurant, they told us we could get a 15% discount if we showed them the keycard. The restaurant was great and I promptly forgot to show the keycard - Doh!

All in all a great trip and a fantastic base for trips into the Dales.

One last thing. The owner is the spitting image of Mohamed Al Fayed. No, I mean it. His twin.

Paul and Jan

Room Tip: We were in Rm 301
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Ibis Bradford Shipley
#8 of 27 in Bradford
Oakwood Hall Hotel
Oakwood Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bingley

Been to Abbey Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!