“Splendid decor”

Interlude Tea Room & Emporium
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Shipley
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hidden away behind the indoor market, Interlude Tea Room brings an ambience and quality not often found in today's busy times. Great food, all made and baked on the premises (including their bread), wonderful service and a chance to chill out before returning to the 21st century.
“Splendid decor”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Service fab!! Food good,lovely ambience only disappointment they don't take debit card, cash only which is inconvenient. Parking on street for an hour and they tell you if warden about, also paid parking behind so good for that. Would definitely go again!!

Banbury, United Kingdom
“How Sweet !”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

What a lovely idea- a tea room fitted out like reminiscence rooms- step back in time as you see the old fashioned food fayre and cakes - cake stands, wirelesses, piped yeste.You even get proper paper bags to carry any food out with you- the fayre is very good and its a treat to go and see this place- you'll hear iit before you see it- well done so novel.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Rebecca M
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended tearooms”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Absolutely fab tearooms I have been three times now, enjoyed every visit and love all the quirky items dotted around, I love the 1920's theme, you are made to feel welcome.
Great afternoon teas, all home made cakes..I highly recommend it x

• Visited December 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely quirky vintage surroundings”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had heard people talking about Interlude so I decided to check it out myself. I went alone on a Saturday lunchtime and was made to feel really welcome as soon as I stepped into the cafe by the manager (I sometimes find that staff in restaurants look at you like you are weird if you dine alone). I LOVED the surroundings with all the 1920's retro touches and the retro books which laid out on my table - I browsed through the Grattan catalogue from 1957 whilst I waited for my lunch! The little bells on the table are a cute touch although one table rang their bell incessantly to get the attention of the manager which was slightly annoying as the manager was running around and serving the take away section at the same time.

My tea was served in a gorgeous vintage teapot with matching cups and saucers. The waitress brought over an additional jug of hot water later on into my meal, without me even having to ask. I decided to have the 'roast med veg and cheese pancake' which was served with a side salad. To be honest, I would say that the pancake was quite mediocre and the 'roast med veg' was predominantly courgette. I didn't manage to finish it as I had courgette fatigue! The med veg could do with some different types of veg in the mix and also the side salad could do with some more inventive ingredients than just iceberg, tomato and cucumber.

Although I thought my food was mediocre, I will return as I would be interested in trying one of their sandwiches (as the bread is made on the premises) or their jacket potatoes (done in the oven, not microwave - I heard this stressed several times)

• Visited October 2012
Askam in Furness, United Kingdom
“Unique setting and delicious food”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My mum and I called in at Interlude, mum had already been before and was deparate to show me this little box of treasures. The whole place is filled with treasures from the 1920's and beyond. A really eclectic mix of tea cups and saucers make for a very individual experience.
The service was excellent and the staff very friendly and the food was really lovely.
The access is a bit tricky for anyone with walking difficulties/wheelchair users and there is an area of flooring as you go in that is rather uneven.
We ventured upstairs to the Emporium up narrow and steep stairs but it was worth it.
Can't wait to visit again and bring my children.

• Visited September 2012