“Avoid at all costs”

Clifton Lodge Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shipley
Clifton Lodge Guest House
Ranked #3 of 3 Shipley B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My one night's stay here was enough to realise that I shall never be staying here again or recommending it to anyone. Here is a list of problems: The shower was broken and leaking water everywhere, the cleanliness at breakfast was very low as I could spot dirty mugs that had been set out for other guests and it put me off my breakfast, the TV didn't work properly, I was awoken at 6am with people relentlessly going up and down the stairs, in what seemed to be a virtually empty B&B I was put in a cellar room with a wall as a vista.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank wonz

Reviewed March 24, 2010

I booked my father, who is nearly 96, to stay at the Clifton Lodge. The owners, Vicky and her husband, could not have been more helpful in making his stay comfortable and generally looking after him. They went far beyong the call of duty - arranging for a taxi to pick him up from the station, escorting him to the nearby Italian restaurant, and finally Vicky drove him in her own car to make sure he got on the right bus to come back to London. My father thoroughly enjoyed his stay.

When I was looking for somewhere for him to stay I rang the Clifton Lodge and spoke to Vicky. I guessed from that short phone call that she would look after him, as proved to be the case.

If you want to stay somewhere with the personal touch, where the owners will go out of their way to help make you stay a happy one then the Clifton Lodge would be a good choice.

Although I did not stay at the hotel myself I did see my father's room. It was clean and comfortable with a good sized shower room, TV, kettle and facilities for making drinks. Saltaire and Shipley are both within a comfortable walking distance, as is Salts Mill.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Richmond_lady_too
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We had a lovely time in the clifton lodge, the staff were very friendly, the room was recently decorated, the children were treated with a family touch care during the breakfast. The lady offered to give them special plates, made their breakfast into a smiley face and gave them a lollypop when they finished it. We really felt like we were more than just guests. We will be coming back someday soon

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank happybunny82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Ibis Budget Bradford
Vivo Serviced Apartments
Ford House Farm
Ford House Farm
#2 of 3 in Shipley

Been to Clifton Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!