“Yum Yum! Good food to have in your tum!”
Review of Monte Cristo

Monte Cristo
Ranked #11 of 89 Restaurants in Accrington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Darwen, United Kingdom
“Yum Yum! Good food to have in your tum!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went for a meal with my family. I had a pizza that was cooked wonderfully,. i could taste all the flavorings of the pizza. The waiter who served us was very presentable and treated us with respet. We all thoroughly enjoyed the meal and we would recommend it to anyone who would like an italian.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank katiesusanabbott

Accrington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“would love to go again”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

i have been at montes several times.i went to have a meal last weekend.it was good as usuall.food was good,price is reasonable,very friendly and helpfull staff,and lovely atmosphere.i will be visiting again soon

1 Thank jay78_12
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Very Rude Service”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I went with a group of ladies last night. Although the food was excellent and value for money, with no complaints from any of our group in that quarter, the service was appalling. One waiter in particular was very rude and abrupt. There was a slight confusion when taking the order, (and I emphasise "slight") and he made a huge fuss over the fact that we had messed up his pad and had to start all over again. I thought maybe it was just that one waiter but we encountered several who were just as abrupt. It was totally uncalled for as there was no fuss made by anyone. Definitely wouldn't go again, unfortunately.

1 Thank clhunter15
Rawtenstall, United Kingdom
“Lunch at Monte Cristo”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We went for lunch today to commemorate a member of staff leaving. We had pre-ordered as there was a large group of us. I paid £2.50 for a large glass of lemonade with seemed a bit pricy but not too bad. We sat down in the dining room and the food started to arrive and with a couple of people serving all food was out in a couple of minutes. I had the tomato bruschetta which I found to be very tasty and a nice portion size. The tomatoes were lightly dressed so not too oily and had a touch of basil - It was nice to see the tomatoes were soft and ripe - not bullet hard that we seem to get from the supermarkets these days. The bruschetta came with a small undressed/unseasoned side sald - nothing to write home about and it really did not seem to add to the dish.

Starters were cleared away efficiently a main courses started to arrive over the space of about 20 minutes- not unsurpising given the size of the party but frustrating to those who has passed on the starter and now had to sit salivating again whilst they waited for their main to arrive. The food when it arrived was fresh and nicely plated. I was one of the lucky ones and was served 1st - pizza Monte Cristo which was a pizza with a little bit of everything but no fish or hot chillis. The crust was moist on the inside and crispy on the outside - cooked to perfection with fresh toppings. Every one in the party was pleased with their dish although I noticed that some of our group had got halfway through their mains before the accompanying chips or rice arrived.
The venue was warm with background music playing at a level that did not interfere with good conversation. All in all, worth a trip back. I paid £10 for my bruschetta and pizza - a lunchtime special price.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“italiano at its finest”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Lovely authentic italian food, served in a relaxing and charming environment, they do specials all through the week and cannot fault the quality, price or service.

Visited August 2012