“AWFUL”

Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Padiham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked for two on a Saturday night,was the last choice as everywhere else was booked up.Let me say,the food was awful.I ordered fishcakes and they came frozen,when I mentioned this they brought me some more which arrived ten minutes later burnt.To add insult to injury they tried to disguise the burnt bits by turning them upsidedown.By this time my partner and I where starving as he hadn't ordered a starter so I just asked for the main course,which was an even bigger dissapointment,I ordered scampi which was smaller than a prawn.They had not bothered to take the disgusting black bit out that runs through the so called scampi so I ended up leaving them,I have never left a restaurant so hungry before and also fifty pound poorer.I truley wouldnt recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We ate here last night, on Mother's Day, although we weren't there for that reason. The place was busy but we were seated fairly quickly in the "Cellar" part of the restaurant and the service was friendly and efficient.

My steak was well cooked and my wife's roast pork was very tasty. We understand that the restaurant has recently been redecorated with work still to be done, but all in all it's well worth the visit. I don't want to appear to be too endorsing of the place as I always think that it sounds like a review placed by the restaurant itself, but in this case it was very good.

Once the rest of the refurb is done, it should compete with any other place in the area.

1  Thank Lifeman
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Nice little restaurant, its was a little cold inside so I unusually kept my jacket on. Went on a Saturday night and only a few people in. Everyone enjoyed their food, although it was a little pricey. Dooley's cheescake was delicious. Best deal seems to be the Sunday 3 course meal which I will try next

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Have realised my review on 12th July 2012 was for the wrong restaurant. I was referring to the italian restaurant further up the road. I have dined at The Cellar on two occassions on my infrequent visits to UK and found it to be a charming old style restaurant with lots of character. The food was quite ok and the service friendly. They dont have restaurants like this in Australia which is probably why I like these old places so much. Also my parents lived in Padiham in the early fifties and probably went to this restaurant so it has some nostalgia for me.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We recently had a family party at the Cellar. We could have chosen from the meñu but decided to pre order potato pie and cheese and onion pie with all of the trimmings. Vicky gave us the upstairs room and it was a lovley afternoon. There where around thirty people in the party and everyone had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, the staff were all polite and freindly.