All reviewsnacka strandsea viewhonesty barminute ferry ridecity centreseparate buildingboat stopbreakfast is servedliving roomrelaxing hotelduring summeroverlooking the waterbreakfast roomnew england stylecold meatsvery pleasant staystayed for one night
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel J when my client in Nacka invited me to work with him for a week. The hotel made me feel welcome, a very friendly staff was always helpful, the rooms are nicely designed and the food at the restaurants is exceptional.
The Club House where Breakfast is served always seemed to be booked at dinner time for various conferences but Restaurant J right on the water is a great alternative just 200 meters away.

I highly and whole-heartedly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We spent a long weekend in Stockholm last easter and stayed at J suite (2 adults and 2 children). The bedroom was upstairs with bathroom and the bed was big enough for us parents and 3 year old. Our youngest slept in baby cot between wall and the bed, so it was a tight fit but it didn't bother us due to the short stay. Downstairs was the living area and balcony with views to the sea. We could watch the familiar Viking Line and Silja Line ferries go by.

The style of the place is well descibed in their web pages: Stockholm's Newport. For me it felt like living in Gant world - casual, relaxed, harmonious, nostalgic vibe. It definately was not a peak season, so the hotel's restaurant was closed, but yet we got a delicious swedish meatballs delivered as a room service for the first night. Other night we went to the marina's yachting club, nice ambiance and good food with a salty touch. Hotel J's breakfast was good to our scandinavian taste, porridge, fresh bread, salmon, cheese, pickles etc.

Location is kind of a mix between residential area and offices, just short ride to the city center by bus, taxi (hotel called us taxi with baby seats) or summer time even boat, which sounds just the right way to go to Stockholm. Besides sighseeing in the city, we walked to the Nacka Forum, maybe 15 min from the hotel, where we did some shopping. Shopping mall has good selection of high street fashion, cafes and Coop for grocieries.

Reception also told us that there is Nyckelvikens herrgård (old mansion with beautiful gardens and farm animals) close by which is a nice place to go with kids, but we didn't have time to visit there this time.

We were happy with the hotel, it has elegant style, the service was good and attentive. Regarding the timing, easter was a good time to visit Stockholm only the smallest places were closed due to the holiday. But to fully appreciate the city and the hotel, late spring or summer time would be the best.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nicely located near Stockholm with its own parking garage. You can leave your car and visit the capital by boat. The hotel has a high standard and an excellent kitchen. The reception with its efficient and service minded staff makes all kind off contact pleasant.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My whole stay from start to finish has been amazing.

The room I stayed in couldn't have had a better view (photo's uploaded) as I was in an end room next to the water. I was working in the area, less than a 5 minute walk away as it turned out, and everything really made sense with this hotel.

Spacious, clean and very functional. Bed was the size of 2 singles, nice desk area, balcony, bay window, with seat, mini bar and nicely decked out bathroom. This was a seaview room and it really was spectacular in my opinion.

Staff couldn't be more helpful. The lounge was a little different with an "honest box" policy for getting drinks. Help yourself and put the details of what you had on a sheet of paper.

For a little bit of shopping, as I'd forgotten to bring a belt with me, there was a shopping centre just a 15 minutes walk away, which was very handy.

I ate in the restaurant one evening and was very pleasantly surprised. The steak I had was very tender and everything about the dining experience was relaxed and enjoyable.

I certainly look forward to staying here again if I have the opportunity (which I should have in the next couple of months.)

Room Tip: Get a "Seaview" room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Hotel is easy to find. The Hotel is embedded in a beautyfull landscape, directly on the water.
The poeple on the reception are very helpful. The breakfast is excellent.If you are not going for dinner to Stockholm, you will get very fine food in the Jachting Club close to the Hotel. The rooms are very nice, silent and comfortable.What you get for the money is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple