“Wonderful location just by the sea - really close to city”

Elite Hotel Marina Tower
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Nacka
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Imagine sitting by the sea having your breakfast, looking out over an awakening Stockholm. When you feel ready for it, jump on one of the boats that take you in to central of city, or if you prefer, take the boat the other direction and visit other parts of Stockholm that are really nice to reach by boat. I actually live in Stockholm but had a stay for my self at the Elite Marina Tower as a present from my partner, which was by the time really well needed. The hotel was by then just opened. It was truly fabulous. The breakfast buffé is amazing, I could go there forever and eat all the great stuff that were presented. We actually visit the hotel from one time to another just for the joy of having their breakfast, as we live quite close. I slept like a baby in the wonderful beds. The best was probably the bathtub - for me who doesn't enjoy bathing I actually even did take a bath - which says alot about how good I found it. I had a great room at the 5th floor with view against Gröna Lund. This is for sure a place I intend to go back to. (The date is not correct, since I stayed here just when the hotel openend, and I write my review some years after, but I still remember the visit as if it would have been yesterday). The only reason for me not scoring the full points is that the spa wasn't opened by then, but it is now, and I haven't had the option to try it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Maria G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed in this hotel almost a week and I really enjoyed it.

The hotel is very attractive, wonderful building with excellent view. Rooms are very comfortable, clean and spacious. Food is delicious, breakfast great. Only there is not much of the tea variety for the breakfast tea lovers. Coffee is also not the best, rather usual Swedish long coffee.

The location, although not in central Stockholm is actually really good. It is a walking distance from Sodermalm. It took me 30 minutes to walk there in the night. Bus that takes you to the central station is just behind the hotel, for those who like boats - there is a boat stop just in front of the hotel.

The location may be not that great for those who want to party in Stockholm and want to be in the center of the city. It is silent, with no restaurants or cafes around.

I was very excited to see the hotel has a spa and gym, but it appeared that even the guests need to pay additional per each visit. I ended up not going at all, so cannot really comment on the quality of the spa. Instead I went for run on the shore and the area is really good for a short up to 5 km run.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business events and for those who love nature and do not mind commuting.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mademmi
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel was excellent, and the breakfast one of the best we had along the way. It is situated right on the water with a beautiful view across the way. If you coming in by ferry take the Viking Line as the Silja line is very, very far away from hotel and taxi costs in the city are ridiculously high. The pool is an extra charge, and didn't look very busy. The staff was very helpful. The bus into town is very close and if you buy a transit pass you can also take the little ferry across. Very good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie1958
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Very nice hotel, with a great view.
SPA is 95 SEK from monday to thursday and 195 during the week end, and definitly worth the price!
Extra fee to get a see view, that I didn't pay for.
Room quite big with a bathtub.
Breakfast with a lot of choice and quality products.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have been to Stockholm many times but this was our first time at this hotel. We chose it for its waterfront location and because it is out of the hustle and bustle of the city. We upgraded to a waterfront room on check-in and were so pleased that we had as we were rewarded with ever changing views of the harbour and ships, day and night. Our stay included 21 June (although this review says August) so the nights were very light.
The hotel has its own water taxi moored right outside but when we stayed, they did not have a 'driver' so we had to use the regular ferry service into the city.
The room was very comfortable, spacious and modern. Breakfast was included and plentiful with a huge choice on offer and very friendly staff on hand to replenish and clear away. There is also outside seating to take advantage of al fresco dining in the better weather and take in the view.
There is an indoor swimming pool which we used just once as there was so much going on in the city and no time to do it all. (The water was a bit cold!)
We would recommend this hotel as a great base for exploring the wonderful city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2014

If you are looking for a unique experience in Stockholm do yourself a favor and look into staying her. The hotel is newly renovated (4 years) and is in the historic Kungsörnen flour mill in Nacka right across from the key tourist sites in Stockholm. The views are great and if you search online a little about the place you'll come up with some great old photos.

So the place is special, the rooms good size and comfortable. I'm not a fan of the bowl sinks but otherwise the rooms were fine. A small mini bar in each room and good tv.

Didn't try the fitness center or spa so cannot comment there.

The staff is friendly and the breakfast great.

It can be a little difficult to find. The parking is a good value at 150 kr so if you have a car pay for the hotel parking and don't even think about parking on the street. The Europe Park attendants troll the area and you'll get a ticket right away if you are not careful. The hotel was great and took care of the ticket that we got.

The hotel is about a five minute walk from a metro / bus stop. The ticket taker on the metro was nice and let us ride for free to the first stop (Slussen) where we bought a day pass. Get the pass, two rides on a per ticket basis cost almost as much as the day pass.

And there is a ferry stop right in front of the hotel where you can take the ferry to the city and the ferry is included in the day metro pass.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Location: although not located in Central Stockholm, it is easily accessible by taxi, bus or ferry. The ferry port is right outside the entrance and is a regular service throughout the day. Stunning waterfront location.
Room: we had a standard room which was very spacious, modern decor and well maintained / cleaned. Supremely comfortable bed and quality linens. Lovely bathroom with excellent shower pressure and temperature. The tap water was also the most tasty water we've had anywhere in the world - better than most bottled water.
Service: excellent service in every respect. We checked-in several hours early and our room was ready and waiting. Very friendly, efficient and professional check-in process.
Restaurants / bar: breakfast in the main reception was excellent with a good choice of fresh fruit, meats, breads, cereals etc. The restaurant was so nice that we had two evening meals during our 4 night stay.

Room Tip: Make use of the ferry into Central Stockholm.