“Wedding night”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Nacka
Stockholm, Sweden
“Wedding night”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We spent our wedding night here, and thought it was an advantage that it was not in the city centre but in a more quiet location. We even had our wedding pictures taken outside because it's such a nice environment. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly.

We stayed in a deluxe seaview corner room which was very nice and stylish with a high ceiling, and we enjoyed watching the boats go by in the morning.

The only downside was that room service was severely understaffed in the morning (due to illness, we were told), so we had to wait 2 hours for breakfast and when it arrived it seemed like random stuff thrown together, like a 1 litre carton of yoghurt and some bread. They hadn't had the time to ask what we wanted. We didn't want to go downstairs as I had forgotten my trousers and didn't want to have breakfast in my wedding dress. They did apologize and give a discount on the room though.

Room Tip: I recommend booking a seaview room, the view is sort of the point with this hotel. Also, be aware th...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MarinaTower, Front Office Manager at Elite Hotel Marina Tower, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

I thank you for taking your time to write you kind review and I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Once again I would like to apologize for the problems with the breakfast during your stay with us, I do hope it does not deter you from staying with us again.

Kind regards,
Ebba Järrud
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 13, 2011

First off the good...

Nice building, large rooms. Comfy beds. Location is isolated, expect to be stranded here.

The rest:

Poor service, staff are lacking in warmth or even decent training. Food is sub standard for Stockholm. Try to short change you on drinks. Bar shuts at 11pm, and there is no coffee / tea facilities in your room. In fact there is barely anything in your room.

Reception area / bar / restaurant is permanently cold. Not worthy of 4 star description, and very poor for an Elite hotel.

My advice, go down the road to Hotel J where everything is better.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank pepsimaxmjs
sweden
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Love this place. Right on the water. You can even rent their boat for a day (with crew).

Staff was amazing. Was upgraded to a really nice room.

Only negative is the parking which costs extra and you have to enter a pin code about four times in the garage to get in and out. You also have to walk a bit to get to the garage but that's nothing strange considering the place is located ocean front and it would be impossible to park cars nearby.

The pool area is really nice but there is unfortunately no sauna.

Breakfast was good.

If you are a tourist, try to get a boat instead of a bus, it will be such a much nicer experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Espoo
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Visited Marina Tower with my family for one night. We booked the room with sea view and I have to say that it was amazing. Room was big and well equipped. Swimming pool, swirl pool and gym were nice surprices to us and it was very refreshing to have a morning swim before breakfast.
Breakfast was also very good but nothing amazing.
Maybe only slight minus side there is perhaps the location. You need some kind of transportation to get to center. But that's just traveling :)

Room Tip: Sea view is very nice and relaxing. Is it worth the extra price is up to you to decide. For our daug...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Colrado
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Everything about this hotel was high quality. This hotel was apparently an old factory or mill on the waterfront that was converted while maintaining the very attractive exterior brick.

The hotel was very clean, both in the common areas and the room.

The front desk staff was attentive, quick and helpful.

The breakfast buffet was one of the best that I've had at a hotel in Europe. Great variety and quality, served in a very pleasant environment.

My room was very nice and VERY quiet, with a high quality bed and bedding. It was firm, but not hard. The bathroom had everything, including a good shower and even a tub (not something I come across often in Europe). Good, plentiful towels. Heated floors, too!

Big surprise - the room had an iron and full-size standup ironing board. Free internet, too. All REALLY helpful for business travelers.

The only downside to the hotel *may be* that it is removed from downtown. I say "may be" because it depends on what you want. I stayed downtown during nights that followed and regretted it because of how busy and noisy everything was in comparison the the Elite Hotel Marina, which was much more calm and pleasant.

This location is pretty close to the big cruise ships that head to Helsinki and other destinations.

FYI, you can easily get the 53 bus to Slussen, which gets you quick access to downtown and the rest of Stockholm via the metro/t-bana and buses. The 53 bus runs quite frequently during normal hours. Just ask at the front desk how to get to it. If you plan to go back and forth, I'd recommend getting either a multi-day bus pass ("access card") or strip of bus passes. Both are available at the bus station.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ColradoWeatherguy
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stayed at this hotel with my fiancé during the summer and had a great time. The hotel resides in a converted mill just by the waterfront promenade. Rooms come in many different categories, we stayed in the Deluxe Seaview category and it had plenty of space for me and my partner. Room was beautiful with a high ceiling and a beautiful view over the water and Djurgården beyond. Unfortunately the room lacked the coffee/tea-tray which I have come to like. The room was quiet but the scale of the hotel and the number of guests became obvious in the morning when we entered the rather crowded breakfast room. For a romantic stay I would advice to order breakfast to your room. We used the hotel restaurant on both nights and they had a nice selection of generously proportioned dishes (and once again a marvelous view). Would definitely stay here again for a romantic getaway! Fo business? No, since it is just to far from the city centre to be a good option for me.

Room Tip: Go for a room with seaside views!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here at the suggestion of a local friend and were not disappointed. Great rooms, interconnecting so the kids were close by, with a lovely view across the water to the city.

Big flat screen TV, power shower, clean well appointed rooms - all the things I like when travelling.

We used the pool - quiet the first day, busier when a conference was in the second day.

Breakfast was excellent - the best I've had (and I've travelled alot) - with a buffet of everything from bacon and sausages to waffles, fruit, toast, pastries, ham, cereals, cheese and, of course, herring. It is Sweden, after all...

The staff couldn't have been more helpful, too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nacka
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel
#23 of 154 in Stockholm
Grand Hotel
Grand Hotel
#4 of 154 in Stockholm

Been to Elite Hotel Marina Tower? Share your experiences!