“Obsidian Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cases de Sant Jaume

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Benissa
Cases de Sant Jaume
You added Cases de Sant Jaume to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Benissa
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Obsidian Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

After my third visit in six months, I thought it was time to go into print. On my first and second visits I was accompanied by my daughter who had been before and felt it was just the sort of holiday I would enjoy. I look for organized ( but voluntary) activities as well as pleasant surroundings and good company. I am a vegetarian ( most of the time!) and I suppose that my objective could be said to be to enhance my general wellbeing. The daily walk, coupled with the Pilates ,Yoga and rebounding provided adequate activities and the variety of juices, salads and cooked meals ensured that there was no lack of good food for those who were not too concerned with losing weight. That said, losing weight was inevitable if you indulge in the activities. For those for whom losing weight was the prime objective the weigh in at the end of their stay was usually greeted with delight - even tears of happiness.

I recently went without my daughter and enjoyed the visit and the company was again excellent. Quite apart from what was provided, I learned more about how to use my Mac sitting in the reception area that I had from workshops at the Apple Store. By chance one of the ladies was a university lecturer on computer sciences - and she was so helpful. In general, I found that all the other guests were very friendly and I never felt that I was alone.

As I am on my own, I was considering my options for getting away for Xmas and after considering various cruises, I decided that I would opt for Obsidian Retreat instead as I knew it would be an enjoyable experience. Andy, Carol and all the staff are so welcoming and I really feel at home the instant I arrive.

I accept that Obsidian will not please everyone but the people I meet there who are on repeat visits like myself are testimony to the fact that most visitors are very satisfied.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank John G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I'm not sure I know how to describe my 4 day trip to the retreat. Incredible just isnt enough. The rooms are large and clean - I only had a standard room but even these are all en-suite. A little peek in the suite's and I was mightily impressed. The staff are wonderful and the healthy nature of the food mean you are going to have the luxury of feeling and looking healthy within just a few days. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The suites are pretty amazing, if you can afford them its worth the extra few pounds.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Paulhealth
The Hague
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

The website suggests that there is a restaurant for dinner and snacks facilities for lunch; we found out that this was not the case; it was indicated that as from june 15th the restaurant may be operational.
A very good B&B rather than a hotel.
It would appear that with a new owner a restart is made after a bad spell.
The one woman/man staff was extremely friendly and going out of their way to provide service within the very small operational scope they enjoy.

Room Tip: Junior suites are recommended
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

First of all I should say we didn't stay here - we were renting a villa nearby. We just came upon the place while invetigating local restaurants. It's in a rural settting, small 26-room hotel with a lovely pool. Room are rustic/simple, nice decor, spotless (we checked them out). The service was a little slow, but they have just reopened under new management so perhaps to be expected. However, they were very keen to accommodate, and the chef himself came out to translate the menu options for us. We ate in the courtyard, although the indoor restaurant was beautifully laid out with white napery etc. Food was outstanding and not expensive.

Lovely boutique hotel worth checking out.

• Liked — Lovely setting and amazing food
  • Disliked — Electrical pylons close by
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benissa
Hotel La Madrugada
Hotel El Rodat
Hotel El Rodat
#2 of 8 in Javea
4.0 of 5 stars 237 reviews

Been to Cases de Sant Jaume? Share your experiences!