“Excellent steaks and location”

Restaurante Pedramala
Ranked #5 of 55 Restaurants in Benissa
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
London, England
“Excellent steaks and location”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had a good dinner in this Benissa restaurant perched high in the hills overlooking the Penon Ifach at Calpe. Booked an outside table and the restaurant advised (sensibly) bringing a sweater as there is still an unseasonal evening chill in the air. Parking outside the restaurant is very limited and most diners have to park on open ground about 50m away up the quite steep road. Reflecting the customer nationalities, the restaurant was already crowded by 7:45pm and service was a little slow. The menu is varied and includes a good number of fish dishes in addition to plentiful meat options.

We couldn't complain about the quality of the food: following adequate starters, there were excellent steaks of pork, lamb and especially a very large rib-eye, all well-seasoned, cooked precisely and served with with French fries + side salad. A main course of monkfish was nice but arrived lukewarm, possibly as a result of waiting in the kitchen for the other main courses to be finished. As others have said, it is hard to find room for dessert, so we just had coffee for which the orders were messed up. Service was otherwise OK and we may return to Pedramala later in the summer.

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food in Fantastic Location”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We ate as a 4 at Pedramala and were lucky to get a table on a Saturday evening.

The location is excellent - great views of the Calpe Rock and the sea to one aspect and the mountains to the other.

The service is excellent and not rushed - we waited a while for our starters but we didn't mind as it had a great ambience.

The food was fantastic - 2 of us ordered steak (rib eye and the fillet) and I ordered the Hacienda special which was a piece of pork, piece of steak and a lamb cutlet, each 100g. It was fantastic!

We didn't have desserts as we were too full but we would definitely come back.

Bahrain
“a very good restaurant”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Its always nice to go to somewhere not expecting that much and getting so much more.
The restaurant is pretty nice inside. The glassware is good as is the tableware and crockery. But one of the Jewels in this restaurant is the outside dinning area and the view of Calpe rock and bay.

I only have one slight negative about the place but I will cover that later in the review.
The starter was ok not great but ok I had the salmon it looks nice and is presented well but it just lacked a bit of......... something.
For the main I had the rib eye steak and omg what a steak that is. Cooked perfectly with lots of taste I really cant fault it. My wife had the fillet which was also divine. It takes quite a lot to get my wifes steak cook perfectly she likes it very blue but this was perfect warm on the inside but blue.
Both steaks charred on the outside they really were a steak you remember as kids going to Spain and getting something 2inch high and 4inch round.
We didn't have desert as we were completely full perhaps a little too full but that was us being greedy.
The price I believe is right on the money certainly not expensive I think my 300grm rib eye was around the 20euro mark.
After having a great meal I really don't want to put a criticism on the restaurant but I feel I must to give a balanced review.
The service was hit and miss to be kind. The type of service that servers are there but don't see anyone flaying their hands in the air right in front of them. I don't particularly like waiting for my change but after 15mins I decided to go looking for it only to find it on the bar with 3 ppl running around not noticing it was there.
This of course could just be a small hick up but reading other reviews it seems to be a theme running in the restaurant and they would do well to address this.
That said will I go back yes indeed. I would recommend lunch above dinner just as you get to see a great view of this beautiful coast in Spain.

Denia, Spain
“Good dinner out but not sure”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This restaurant consistently gets rave reviews and in the main we would agree with them. Great location with stunning views of Calpe and its bay. This has been our only visit so we are reserving judgement on its "greatness". Two aspects concern us. First the service went from almost non existent to over the top.......we don't like fawning waiters.....but on balance it was ok.
Second the food was simple and well cooked without the wow factor that you get in really good establishments. The portions are also far too big. My wife was faced with an enormous piece of meat which she ate about a third. Just too much. At €30 per head getting into the higher priced bracket but I suppose the location and portion sizes justifies some of it. The jury is out for us but you can be sure of a decent well cooked meal in good surroundings.

• Visited May 2013
London
“Everything is good about this restaurant”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Good food, good value, great location, happy and pleasant staff, well worth a visit. We were taken there by friends and will definitely be going back with other friends this summer. This place has been a great find for us

• Visited May 2013