“Excellent complex with extremely helpful and friendly staff”

Parques Casablanca Hotel
bristol
“Excellent complex with extremely helpful and friendly staff”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this apartment complex for 5 days as we had to come out to Moraira to inspect progress on our villa renovation. From check-in through to check-out we received excellent service from Jose one of the managers. His command of English is excellent, but he was also patient and kind enough to speak Spanish very slowly with me to allow me to practise . At check-in he took us to our 1 bed apartment and ran through all of the facilities and equipment with us to ensure we completely understood how everything worked and what was available to us. (I'm glad he did otherwise the movement sensor lights might have driven us nuts!) Jose's explanations were clear and easily understood so we had no problems at all. The apartments are very well provisioned with new stylish kitchens and bathrooms, satellite and spanish television, dvd player etc. There was even a free bottle of fizz in the fridge waiting for us on arrival.
After reading some of the comments on trip adviser about the spa not working etc we didn't bother taking any gym kit or swimming stuff with us. We really wish we had, the gym / indoor pool and spa looked great and I can assure everyone was in working order. (It should be noted that on the hotel brochures it does state that the Spa is under separate management so I don't think the hotel can be held responsible if it out of action.
The apartment complex is equi-distant between Moraira and Calpe and each can be reached in about 10 minutes by car (it would be much quicker but the twisty coast road prevents this!).
We have to go back out to view our villa in April and we are about to book up to stay at Parques Casablanc again, we would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank susie_mac123

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
scotland
Reviewed July 18, 2011

just back from 3 week stay in Benissa (private villa),just around the corner from these apartments, therefore cant offer any advice on the facilities other than what a fab looking place, fortunately was able to use the poolside bar ran by a Scottish couple Cecelia and Derek - made my holiday - very friendly, hospitable,and so much fun especially Cecelia"s (show time) . Ate something there most days and was never disappointed. They have entertainment nights and a guitarist called Don Dimo - not to be missed. If you are going to this complex would recommend a drink or two in there company.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tonylarbert
Mullingar, Ireland
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We booked Parques Casa Blanca for the Hotel facilities advertised , however when we arrived we found that the Leisure facilities were closed ,the Spa was closed , the restaurant was closed , no pool towels provided , in fact the entire description was completely misleading ! Our group of 16 adults who had traveled from Australia, U.S and Ireland to meet up for a family reunion , were very disappointed . It felt more like a retirement home than a Hotel. The only saving grace was the poolside bar managed by Derek and his wife Cecilia and their very friendly staff , who just opened the day we arrived, June 22nd 2011 . The nearest beach is a mile away ! We wont be going back !!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Jocc60
Uttoxeter
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed at the Parques Casablanca with our 2 boys (9 and 4) for 1 week in August 2009. Overall we had a great week in a lovely location and are considering going back next year.

Our apartment was modern, clean and very well equipped with air con in all rooms. We found the apartments on the Hoseasons website then booked direct with the complex (thus saved money). From what we could gather once we arrived some of the apartments are privately owned and rented out and some are owned by the company who run the resort which would explain why the rooms were well equipped.

The pool is the main communal area and is great for kids - our youngest loved the smaller shallow pool at the top whilst our eldest made friends playing in the bottom pool. Our only gripe about the pool area is that it could do with a few more sunbeds - we had 2 sunbeds on our balcony which we had to take down to the pool on 2 occasions as there were no sunbeds left by the time we went down (11ish) and I refuse to be one of those selfish people who "reserve" sunbeds using towels before breakfast.

In terms of other facilities on site there is a restaurant which doesn't cater for families thus isn't busy / open all the time. The spa and indoor pool are currently under construction and from what we saw through the window will be nice when finished but their non availability made no odds to our enjoyment of the week.

We would say that hiring a car is a must - La Fustera, which is the small town where the apartments are situated is lovely but small - Moraira is only a 15 min drive and is full of lovely restaurants - we managed to find lots which had a menu which catered for picky kids and us without the kids having burger and chips all the time.

There are no kids playgrounds / clubs / entertainment etc, our boys were happy playing in the pool but if you are used to staying somewhere lively with lots of pre planned things for the kids to do then this isn't the place for you.

All in all a lovely week in lovely surroundings with lots of sunshine.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank MrsG1976
Essex
Reviewed June 7, 2009

My wife, two children both aged 3 and myself stayed there in August 2008. I could not fault the place. Very secure. Electric shutters on windows. Excellent apartments with all the mod cons. Even a washer dryer in the bathroom. Ensuite to main bedroom. Large balcony with bads and table chairs. Wonderful pool. Posh restaurant which is no good for family eating. Small poolside bar offers snacks and drinks. Secure underground parking.
Overall a very good place to stay.
Going back again in June 2009.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Daz65
suffolk
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Parques casablanca is an apartmenthotel booked through travel republic we decided to go there for a winter break and the reviews leant us to believe it would be just right. the reason I booked to go there was for the indoor pool and gym I had searched all over the area for this facility and this came along so we headed out. First off we were never given any directions to the place and so downloaded directions off the internet but all of them seemed different in where they placed the apartments. We thought we were in Benisa but it turned out after driving around miles and asking at shops and even the police station it was in an entirley different location. La fustera Calpe. When we got to the place eventually very late the place was deserted and we had to ring for the caretaker who kindly booked us in and showed us to our apartment. Let me say the apartment was lovely new clean all the things you want from a luxury stay self cater if I had had an indoor pool and the gym as I was expecting I would have been very happy indeed with staying here. As its low season the place was deserted apart from the odd person walking around it was like being on a show lot. No complaints about that but if you expect to see people at the moment there you won't. With regards to our unhappiness at not having the pool we expected to swim in. we were told to take it up with management but we went out before anyone seemed to be there and subsequently never seemed to see anyone who we might have engaged on the subject with. In any case you cant magic up a facility thats not there and it will be one day as they are building it. But it should not be sold on there being a pool if one inside does not exist (The outside one though lovely I risked one day in desperation for a swim and nearly froze)
My other gripe if it is one is very small we stayed for nine days and had only one set of towels.
To sum up Parques casablanca is very nice but I would not return as I think I do as well booking up private holiday rentals as I have in the past as even when we checked out there was noone around to give the keys to, in the end someone did open the door to the reception who we just handed them over to.
I hope they get their act together on these points as I am usually very tolerant of things and the area is very pretty to stay at.

• Liked — new clean and bright
  • Disliked — towels not changed enough
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank revenspigies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benissa
Gran Hotel Sol y Mar
#1 of 4 in Moraira
Hotel Bahia Calpe
Hotel Bahia Calpe
#8 of 30 in Calpe

Been to Parques Casablanca Hotel? Share your experiences!