“Brilliant place, brilliant holiday!”
Review of Grand Efe Hotel

and 1 more site!
Grand Efe Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Ozdere
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Brilliant place, brilliant holiday!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Just back from a week in Grand Efe - had such a good time! The hotel has been modernised and the bathroom was lovely, walk in posh shower! Everything was clean, the food was plentiful and tasty - definitely couldn't complain at that.
Yes there is loud music by the pools, but I've never been to an all inclusive hotel where there wasn't! There is a terrace lounger part next to the beach that you can barely hear it from anyway.
The staff were very accommodating and I can't fault their enthusiasm or willingness to help.
The beach is a little stoney but the water is clear and lovely...given that it's literally a 2 step walk from the hotel, no grumbles again
All in all, if you're looking for a cheap but decent all inclusive hotel - this one would suit you down to the ground.

Room Tip: Rooms without a pool view would be quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank gemma_f_85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in September 2012 for one week and had exactly what we had hoped for. Clean room, beautifully clean sea, a large selection of food including fresh salads and fruit and a very safe environment. Our arrival was delayed so we arrived quite late but we were given sandwiches and bottled water for refreshments. The entertainment was not something we needed but any kind of entertainment in all inclusive resorts is always questionable. The other guests seemed to have enjoyed it. If you want to rest, relax and enjoy good food and swimming, then this is the place to go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
15 Thank SafUk
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We were in Grand Efe Hotel only week. We are very positive people and love traveling. There were severals plus and minus in the hotel.
Plus:
-location to the Izmir airport, to the beach
-clear sea, nice daybed
-water spot on the hotel beach ( good entertainment )

Minus:
-Monotonous music, very loud, not friendly animators, especially animator DERDA, who use profanity.
-duty dishes
-monotonous food, problem with fish ( not every day and not testy)
-terrible problem with wi-fi. I never so such weak connection

The hotel is 3+, good for kids - pool with micro aqua park and not deep seaside.

We'll have good rest despite the minus. Thanks to all who have been with as!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Diana R
Chepstow, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We loved the Grande Efe, after a long transfer we arrived at 1am to freshly made filled rolls and fruit in our room which showed the standard of the services. The rooms were lovely and clean and the food was fantastic, all fresh and varied. Plenty of choice and we didn't get bored with it at all even after 2 weeks. The anamation team were very friendly and helpful and made our holiday memorible for us, especially Tolgar, he was fab. The younger children had a great time at the kids club and Sasha was wonderful with them. The only negative thing was it was very intimidating for our 16 year old daughter when we were in the resturant as most of the waiters were a bit pervy. Would definetly go back to this resort again. The hotel needs to give consideration to entertainment for bad weather days.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Claire J
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2012

when I was there it was full of romanian and british tourists. it is located just in front of the sea. the food was extremely good. you can enjoy the seaside without any extra fee for sun loungers. if it hasnt been refurbushed recently, the furniture and hotel was quite old looking.

the annoying thing for the hotel was this: you can not eat your desert in cafe area where there is available tea! you can eat your desert only in the restaurant where there is no tea that time. but I like eating my desert with a cup of tea. this seemed annoyingly funny to me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank tourist t
Constanta, Romania
Reviewed August 24, 2011

There were lots of things to love in Grand Efe Hotel Club !

But I will start with the worst first - cause I guess that's why we are looking on trip advisors, mainly :

large insects present (very large musquitos and bees)
bad music
animation/show not funny at all
things done "by the book", with no enthusiasm (even the games and mini-disco)
vegetables are not cleaned before joined into salads
small pools
cold water most of the day
due to the shadow
stones in the seaside - easy to be hurt
bad signal for Vodafone TR

Good things :

all kinds of people as turists
nice and diligent room maid
good prices
good food (not always clean, but good)
u may use Vodafone GR (better prices)
free Internet Wifi - not so fast, but enough and free
kids playground and mini-club (nice "blonde" animators/educators)
2 free snack/pizza hours included
all-day-long free bar

So, if they made it short and simple (I am refering to their work and enthusiasm), you should - too - keep it short and simple !

G.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank travelmate222
Varna
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I waited for my personal day to go there, it was October.For the price, Grand Efe offers quite more than the lousy 3-star hotels in both Kusadasi and Marmaris, while the latter totally sux.I went there by bus, and the first impressions were that the location is superb, but at night the hotel seemed small.I had a terrible night, waiting and sleeping on the sofa before check-in, it was quite a nightmare.When I woke up-everyone had already checked in, and the hotel staff apologized for not waking me up-nobody even dared to, they said.Although other hotels don`t let you use anything in the hotel before 2 p.m, I asked for breakfast, and all of them showed me the restaurant with hands, as if I was a special person.I was blown away by the various meals in teh restaurant, they were almost 100.WTF, this is not something you will see in Bulgaria (do NOT ever go there, sponsorship for the mafia, that is the owner of ALL hotels), you won`t see even 10 there.I liked the room, and the bath with shower as well.I had problems with the latter for the first 2 days, the water would flow quite poorly.I left it fill the bath with patience and red a book, but everything was fine after this.The tavern on the beach made very tasty sandwiches and salads-I swear on a stack of bibles that they outperform McDonalds.Teh waiters are quite polite.I very much liked the fat cats that begged for meat and nothing less than meat-no cheese, please, they do not eat cheese, although it was of very high quality.Since it was October, the water was so freezing in teh pools that I kept screaming like a girl when entering.Teh two water slides are quite fun, both of them, many people use it like little kids, including me.Teh sea is quite rocky and salty and I would not recommend it even to an enemy.I had red previous reviews and I had hard shoes with me, but they prevented me from swimming.Salt made my shaved face burn, and teh salty water entered into my eyes.I rushed so hard to the platform (A Capricorn does not turn back) and I felt like drowning.One Russian [-] was looking at me and was laughing, maybe this is what made me make it.Teh platform moving made me sea sick and I jumped as far as I ever could, and swimmed again only with my hands, and when I gave it up-my feet could reach the stones.It was not that far, but I did panic.This is one of the very few bad things that the hotel has no guilt about.
I was quite tired from teh trip and from hardworking in Bulgaria, so I rushed to my room, put noise-cancelling buds in my ears and had a wonderful sleep from 3 p.m to 9 a.m.During my stay I noticed that the staff was changing most of the meals in teh restaurant, that was pleasantly surprising.One day, I walked for hours from teh hotel to Ozdere`s end of town and back, not to lose my shape.I both a full bag of Derby shaving creams that worth they money more than Arko.Teh people in teh stores and shops sure know how to do business, they changed my Euros into Turkish liras at even better rate than teh change bureaus. A barber gave me my first ever straight razor shave with replaceable blades for just 2 euros, and he put so many stuff on my face, I wonder how does he make for a living.Excellent, close to BBS shave!Meals and you name it-everything is dirt cheap, I had only 150 Euros, and I went to see Ephesus, teh Aqua Fantasy water park (which is very, very bad and disappointing, the staff there was in contrast with Grand Efe staff-very rude), I went to so many trips, and the money was enough for all of it! I visited teh Turkish bath in teh hotel, it was relaxing, but take the longest and full procedure, or you will be very disappointed.There is an arcade in teh hotel which has old classical games, table hockey, billiards and is very cheap and of good quality.Teh shops in teh hotel are nothing special, expensive, but less expensive that I expected.Teh Germans and the French people were quite noisy and talked like screaming, like if they insisted to show the world their existence.But it was only in teh lounge.Teh latter offered free internet, many people brought their laptops from their rooms, in order to use it.And to show you how brilliant the staff is, I will tell you a computer-related disaster that I had.
My camera card was full and I needed to transfer some on my portable hard drive, and I used one of their computers.Something wrong, it restarted, and I lost all my photos and videos, due to teh program that restores the previous state.No undelete programs helped, and teh computers lacked working cd-roms.When I saw this, I suggested that their power cables were meant not to be connected.I asked on teh reception for a screwdriver and they refused, they called an admin from Izmir that said I cannot help it.I insisted, as I am a computer expert from a high level, and the admin said-OK, do what you can, try your best.This nightmare continued 2 days.The tattoo guy said-I will undelete your pictures but you will bestow your hdd to me.This is a blackmail, I said and refused.So I disassembled the PC in teh internet cafe, tried my best, and nothing.There was no cd-rom, it did not work after powering it, so my expert recovery cds were helpless.I reassembled the PC, returned the screwdriver to teh guy from the reception, who was watching me all teh time.After I came home I was able to restore everything but 4 missing pictures.Where on Earth would they allow you to do this ? ! This is [--] brilliant, I don`t call it a service, but teh customer is indeed always right in Grand Efe Hotel !!!

P.S There is a lot more to be said, but I do not want to write a whole novel, just a review.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank FIxt00L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozdere
Paloma Pasha Resort
Gumuldur Mavi Deniz Hotel
Club Marvy
Club Marvy
#7 of 11 in Ozdere

Been to Grand Efe Hotel? Share your experiences!