“Great Holiday”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ozdere
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Arrived 25th April,check in quick and efficient.Stayed in family suite which was lovely and clean and spacious with brilliant views of the sea & pool. All the staff very friendly especially Martin & Hasan at the main bar & Akin in the restraunt. Dined in two of the A La Carte restaurants and the food was very good as was the service.Just a few points that would have made for a more enjoyable holiday, the CATS in the restaurant,we sat inside so we could be away from them but they kept coming in & people were feeding them.In future i think managment should remove them from the restaurant and tell people not to feed them.The entertainment and food was all tailored towards the French who made up about 90% of the guests staying there and they were very rude. I would stay at this hotel again but would not bring a child as it could not join in the kids clubs as they were all French children.

Room Tip: All rooms ending in odd numbers face the pool/terrace
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Juma1973

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Well, we arrived at Izmir Airport in torrential rain rain and I'm sure we all wondered if it would ever end!!!!! From the following morning we got up to sunny skies and a terrific weeks weather.

Check in when we arrived at the hotel was smooth, friendly...and we got the room we had requested (not telling number in case we go back!!). A terrace suite on the top floor is all I will say.Thank you to Mine for that.

Going into reverse at this point can I say that in Izmir airport waiting for our luggage I was prodded in the back and turned around to find a couple we met in Side 2 years ago.....from then on our week was guaranteed to be a success!!!!!!

Terrace suite was all that was promised...FAB.....if you are going on honeymoon or something special or you just want the best, then this is the way to go. We have stayed in 5* all over the world and this was something else.
Room enormous,clean, bathroom with double sinks, mini hamam, shower, bathrobes, slippers.Terrace with hot tub, sun loungers, chairs, table..............truly amazing!
Mini bar. the largest sofa I have ever seen. On top of that, the bed was so comfortable......and big enough to lose each other!!!!
Free WiFi and free room service a bonus although we didn't really use room service as we ate with our friends.
I used the indoor heated pool but must admit I found it "cool" so only used it once. The person who swam in the pool....I take my hat off to you 'cos it was COLD!!!!

Turkish restaurant was really lovely, food excellent. On our last night we had International in Seasons which was good too.
Most of the time we ate in Main Restaurant and although food was generally good, service was sometimes a bit iffy. Sometimes we had to stand in queue for meat to be cooked and sometimes for wine....but not often and "men in suits" did help if needed!

Some of the bars and restaurants were getting ready to open up but we found it was not a problem anyway as plenty of places to eat and drink.

Bars good and excellent service, never had to wait for drinks and always a smile came with them.

We did the half day tour to Ephasus which was amazing and to be honest, probably long enough as it got hotter as the day went on.

Ozdere was a lovely little Turkish town....and we were surprised how close it was to the hotel. We thought that going by other reviews that it was some walk away but actually it was outside the door....10 minutes walk to the main street and not a lot of shops, but heck, I don't go on holiday to shop big time!! Walk along main street, cut down a side street and back along the promenade.... perfect.

From our balcony we overlooked an exercise park...wonderful for people watching and I must admit that I used it a few times...wish we had something like it here.

We can't begin to name names when it comes to staff because to be honest they were all brilliant. We had no complaints at all (my husband would tell you that I can always fine something to complain about!!).
Thomas Cook rep was lovely.
Reception was friendly and helpful, guest service...Emma & Mine were special.
Waiters, bar staff, room girls all fantastic.

I will post some photos which I hope will help anyone considering this hotel for a holiday.

We look forward to returning.

Lastly, many thanks to Ann & Diane (you know who you are) for all the help you gave me leading up to this holiday.

A special holiday.

Room Tip: Higher up the better although all are good.
11 Thank jollyjoyce
Warrington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Arrived for a week's stay from 18/04/12 - 25/04/12 to a tropical storm, got soaked getting from terminal to coach for transfer (oh no what have we come to with the weather!)
Next morning weather cleared away and we had sunshine every day (couldn't believe it)

Check in was smooth and efficient, allocated our room over the front of the hotel, fantastic views of Ozdere. Room very spacious as there were 3 of us, massive bed and bed setee. Beautiful bathroom and shower loads of room, observation window from bedroom to shower was a giggle but very classy and modern all through.

Restaurant could not fault, plently of choice for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, salads were to die for, honeycomb was to be believed for breakfast as well as pancakes and omelettes made to order. Local organic food sourced and grown by the hotel. One evening was seafood night and the tuna carcus was hung behind the grill to show us what we were eating (unbelievable!!!)
Deserts were out of this world and were eaten regularly by one particular member of our party (you know who you are!)

Piano Bar served drinks 24 hours, all international brands, cocktails made to order. Head bar man Martin (don't mention the war) was a star, couldn't do enough for you and was such a laugh as was his wife Emma (Guest Relations) who was always on hand to help out. Staff at the bar - Bircan, Hasam, Hatice, and all the other wonderful waiters (sorry if we have forgot your names) were amazing, so friendly and polite - well done! We had such memorable evenings with you all.

Not many activities took place - there was an animation team on hand (they were French) however they were around and mainly with the children in the day - but we played boules everyday as a family along with table tennis, pool and the wii.

The indoor pool, sauna and steam room were brilliant, however we never tried a turkish bath and wish we had. The spa was out of this world and you must take a tour around it as it is really something else (this was all that you had to pay extra for). The outdoor pool is a beautiful view around the hotel and looks amazing at night when all lit up. All of the hotel surroundings are fantastic.

The snack bar (Meandros) was very nice especially for a drink in the sun and a light snack, the Manager there was a lovely man (Jason Statham lookalike) and like the rest of the management around the hotel they couldn't do enough for you. One manager even had time to play table tennis with our son.

We took English chocolates with us to give to the staff as treats and they really appreciated this. (Little things like this mean a lot to them!)

We met a good crowd of people whilst we were here, including two lovely fellas (John and Joe) from Liverpool and they added to the atmosphere in the hotel, overall a brilliant week was had by us.

This hotel was one of the best we have been to, 5 star luxury with beautiful weather thrown in and we would definetly come here again, perfect week that we didn't want to come to an end. We were touched when the waiters, staff and management helped with our cases and then lined the route out to wave us goodbye, what a lovely ending to a lovely holiday!

Our thanks to " The Paloma Pasha" from Jon, Sharon and Earl (Warrington, England).

Room Tip: Everybody rates a sea view room however we had a room overlooking the front of the hotel which was f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank SharonFrancis
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have just returned from Paloma pasha, I have got to say that this hotel is one of the best that I have stayed at,starting with checking in so smooth and organised. The food in the buffet restaurant was brilliant and with plenty of choice there was something for every bodys taste. The pool and outside areas as good as you will get,not to forget the staff, all the the staff up to management, could not do enough to make your holiday a pleasure the bar manager Martin made sure you always had a drink in front of you,so any one thinking of going to this resort get booked .

Room Tip: We had a sea view room it was ideal , the next time we go we will go for a terrace suite, ultimate l...
7 Thank JGC616
bolton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

In desperatee need of a holiday to relax and unwind I visited the Paloma Pasha from 11th - 18th April 2012 and couldn't have asked for more. The Pasha gave me the perfect escape. I knew the hotel wasn't in a large resort, nor hugely geared towards kids, so it ticked a few boxes before I arrived. All the other ingredients I required soon followed and continued throughout my stay. So much so that in seven days I ventured out of the hotel complex only three times - each for a short gentle stroll up to the small local town Ozdere

This was both my first Turkish holiday and first all inclusive holiday but certainly wont be my last of either. Travelling in April I knew the holiday would be gearing up for the summer season, but even though some of the staff team had only arrived at the hotel the same week as us, they commitment to help couldn't be faulted. Nothing was too much trouble. What staff didn't know they made sure they found out promptly and efficiently, especially Emma on Guest Relations. The bar staff were great and the thanks to organisation the assistant bar manager Martin in the main bar, Piano Bar, were attentive to serve. Having read previous reviews, it would appear that these two additions to the Pasha team will more than overcome some of the previous criticisms of slow bar service and lack of English speaking staff. Nevertheless the colleagues around them also were tireless workers and friendly throughout. The entertainment in the Piano Bar was perfect in the background to add to the relaxing ambience, and on the on day I was mad enough to roll back the years and go to the disco it was as it should be - lively and loud!

As for the food again I have no complaints. We only chose to eat in one a la carte resuarant, as realistically given the choice of food in the main buffet style restuarant there was no need. The range and quality at breakfast, lunch and evening always meant that there was something for me to get my teeth into, and I never had the same meal twice. I never left the retuarant disappointed. The table service for drinks was quick and polite. Again unlike previous reviews, I found the managers in this restuarant were equally efficient and hands on. As for the a la carte, the atmosphere was more low key and the food good. It made a quiet change, and from our point of view perfectly timed on the busiest night of our stay.

I also tried out the leisure facilities. The indoor swimming pool was just about right, certainly not too cold. I was mad anough to swim in the outdoor 'pool' (winding river) in the middle of April. Now thats what you call cold!!, but after a few minutues adjustment was a great swim - as i was just about the only person in it. Both of these like the steam room and sauna were well maintained, cleaned and more than adequately supervised.

Wanting a touch of luxury we took the plunge and paid the extra for a terrace suite, which was worth every extra penny. From the size of the room, to the space of sun terrace and the fact in the suites room service and wifi is thrown in for free we could have easily idled the whole holiday away in our own personal space. Being on the top floor gave the added benefit of being completely unoverlooked - so i could spend an hour or more in the hot tub, sipping on my wine without a conscience. The room was massive and spotless, cleaned everyday with the minibar stocked. Fresh fruiit and petite fois (mini cakes to you and me) were also delivered daily. The bathroom complex in the room was a sight to behold - not least the shower suite which incuded a turkish hamman, which for several days I thought was just a sink on the wall!! They say ignorance is bliss, and in the terrace suite you can be blissfully ignorant to the world around you. I would recommend room 550 to anyone, so long as you dont want it the same week as our inevitable return visit.

Finally - though somewhat out of the hotel's direct control - the icing on the cake was the other people we met during this holiday. The company provided by many of our fellow holiday makers mad every evening different, sociable and truly enjoyable. Maybe that is a reflection on the type of customer the Pasha is marketed towards.

Look forward to my next visit.

6 Thank peter e
Swampscott, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Well the Resort is located right on Beach Front in ÖZDERE where there is not much to do. Özdere is a small summer town close to Kusadasi-Selcuk and other small resorts of Izmir. The Sea offers shallow sand with clean waters but I have to admit that it is not the best beach around. However, the pool is one of the biggest around. Hotel amenities are well-enough, the all inclusive quality is good enough but not the best. The patron demographichs consists mostly French-German and Brits whereas some Russians/Turks also enjoys the vacation. Staff is generally helpfull and smily face with some exceptions. The hotel itself is new with modern rooms without a fault while I did not find the offered bath amenities enough.

Kids may enjoy as well as the parents!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank okaloocha
Warrington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

11/04/2012 to 18/04/2012. Overall, the hotel was very well run and maintained.
The staff were friendly, attentive, welcoming and helpful. The service in the restaurants and bars couldn't be faulted.
The food was well cooked and presented, varied, plentiful and tasty. The salad bar was particularly impressive.
The rooms (bedroom and "public" areas) were very well furnished and presented. The bed was very comfortable and the maid and mini-bar services were excellent.
During our stay there were two days of very stormy weather but the efforts of the hotel staff minimised the impact. The weather was very good for the rest of the time and we particularly enjoyed sunbathing on the (quiet) jetty.
We would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

7 Thank Sheila W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozdere
Sunis Efes Royal Palace Resort & Spa
Palm Wings Ephesus
Palm Wings Ephesus
#7 of 154 in Kusadasi
Richmond Ephesus Resort

Been to Paloma Pasha Resort? Share your experiences!