“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Spello
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Vinosofia is a concept enoteca naturale, a natural wine boutique and bar. The enoteca consists of over 100 labels of mostly organic, European, hand picked wines from small producers. At our intimate wine bar we offer distinctive natural wines by the glass, local artisan beers, and serve organic espresso and tea. We serve small plates of gourmet bruschetta, artisan cheese & salumi, extra virgin olive oil tasting, as well as some seasonal specials. We are looking to continually expand our philosophy that wine is more than just a liquid, it's a lifestyle.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I'll begin by saying that I desperately wish I had a place like Vinosofia in my hometown--I'd probably be there every night. The space is beautifully decorated, and there's a really excellent selection of wines and perfectly paired antipasti to go with them. The best part of the experience, though, is the charming and attentive owners. They are really interesting people, and their knowledge and passion about what they are serving you is palpable. We experienced an attention to detail at Vinosofia that one rarely experiences, and it was lovely. Vinosofia offers a really delightful way to spend an evening, or just pop in for a pre-dinner drink, or to buy a bottle of wine just right for any occasion. It's a special place. Go!

1  Thank iddh

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Vinosofia is a wonderfully decorated and appointed space which carries some of the best wines . For anyone who loves wine, I highly recommend a visit. Brenda Mcleran, the owner manager is very attentive and makes a great effort to stock some of the best wines in Italy.
Hope to see you all for a glass of wine at Vinosofia, a favorite of mine. Cheers,
Noah

1  Thank noahCalifornia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice attention to detail and a friendly staff. Delicious food and wine for snacking. The olive oil tasting was especially good. The owner is an American ex-pat with plenty of good advice!

1  Thank blackmojo
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This a very nice place to sample various wines and have some cheese, salumi, bruschetta, etc. Although it is not a full service restaurant, we ordered enough to satisfy our appetite and we did not need dinner after that. The owners are a husband and wife team that speak English and Italian. Since we do not speak Italian, we appreciated the English descriptions of the wine and food. We focused on Umbrian wines, but wines by the glass from other parts of Italy are available. We decided to purchase a bottle of our favorite wine to take home. This is a fun and friendly place were you can drop in for 30 minutes or stay longer (like we did). Highly recommended.

1  Thank Steve C
vinosofia, Owner at Vinosofia, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your tasting, thank you for taking the time to write this review. Salute!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Do not miss out on this place. Brenda and her Italian husband have created an incredibly inviting spot for stopping in for a glass of wine, coffee, or a visit. They are both very knowledgable and have a fantastic selection of wines and the absolute best artisan limoncello. I had a delightful glass of wine with them. Her husband showed me the proper way to eat fava beans. I had never eaten them fresh, dipped in a little salt accompanied by fresh pecorino cheese and olives, it was simply delicious! The shop is created with attention to every detail, it is very inviting. Please say hello to them from me!

1  Thank malloryo1