Like a good recipe, a dash of home-connect is the seasoning you find in France at La Tour de Cause B&B. Offered through American inn keepers from Northern California, the grand location is on the Dordogne, the river that flows through Perigueux province in southwest France. Nearby you find towns such as Bergerac, and Beynac of the royal dynasty Plantagenet. Village Castelnaud restorations of today offers visitors the monumental castle home of the American expatriate Josephine Baker, the infamous and talented negro actress & singer; Josephine was applauded and befriended by Princess Grace of Monaco. The deepest memories around here help us to recall 13th century France, the Hundred Years War, Crusader Simon de Montfort and his castle home, yet this area became a sudden casualty of the French Revolution. The B&B exterior entry is framed by an arched rose vine, the food is outstanding and the remodeled farmhouse is tastefully equipped with imaginative amenities in each charming room. I met several interesting people at the breakfast gathering. I did not try the swimming pool, but I liked the neighboring horse breeders, the woods and bridges. I liked it all and I hope to return to this B&B belonging to Caitlain and Alfred Woodbury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 200-year-old stone buildings in the beautiful Dordogne Valley house four guest rooms, each with one large bed, private entry, en suite bathroom. A fifth guest room includes a second bed. We are proud of the personal service our guests receive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your La Tour de Cause B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tour De Cause Hotel Castelnaud-La-Chapelle
- La Tour De Cause Bed And Breakfast