“Best Op I have used in years.”

Paradise Scuba and Snorkeling Center
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in La Parguera
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Center in Puerto Rico. Explore the Bioluminescent Bay in La Parguera or book scuba diving trips to the Wall.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Kiko and Cachi know where to go and they will let you dive for as long as you want. Great great op and a nice large boat.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"water was warm"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This trip was definitely a true treasure with good and uncomfortable aspects. I'm a young puerto rican physician who took my 80 yo uncle who owns a home here on the island, and he loved it. He attempted to snorkel, but felt too anxious. He was gently guided back on board the boat. I was able to snorkel several times, and learned about many different types of sea life. I got to touch some sea cucumbers and look at the spikey urchins. The lead instructor was kind and very professional. He wanted to teach the guests about the various types of creatures. There were 3 guides all very skilled, and apparently knowledgeable. These guys put safety first. HOWEVER,the instructor from Great Britain was condescending, and lacked tact. Bottom line: IF YOU'RE CAUCASIAN YOUR GOING TO FEEL WELCOME on this excursion, OTHERWISE get READY FOR THE RUDE AWAKENING OF Cultural insensitivity that may make the trip more memorable than expected.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Four of us did a scuba/snorkel trip with this establishment followed by the bio bay tour. Amazing experiences!

It was only my second time scuba diving and my sister's first time so we were a little nervous. Jorge our guide was very patient, calmed our fears and made us feel at ease. He literally had each of us by the hand, guiding us through the beautiful underwater world, pointing out fish, coral and other sea life. Top notch service!

The bio bay tour was even more enchanting, swimming under the stars with the sparkling creatures at our fingertips. Shout out to Captain Cachi for a once in a lifetime experience!

Only thing keeping me from giving 5 stars is the service at the shop. The owner is an older man who had a hard time hearing me over the phone and later got confused when we tried to pay with credit cards. This had me questioning the competence of the entire establishment. If you encounter this same trouble I encourage you to look past it. The rest of the staff is wonderful and will see to it your experience is one to remember.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

After many times I have to say that paradise divers have the best staff and the best operation in the area. The capt kachi, and his well certify team make sure that security is first and by all means you see every fish in the reef. They stay next to you, and they make sure you see all.... Jonathan works hard to make sure you have the best experience in the water while Maria look after your safety and any concern in the water. My hat off to this cool, friendly hard working staff. Kudos!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was the best experience ever! Cachi and Christian made me feel like I had been snorkeling all my life, rather than this being my first time! It was way cool to snorkel at both reefs and swim at the bio bay! Being out on the water at sunset was beautiful. The empanadas were so good; I ate both of mine! They were very friendly and talked to us about everything from the fish, to the town, Puerto Rico and where to go and what to see and do. Awesome! Thanks guys for an unforgetable time! Shopping around Parguera was fun also, and I found several unique crafts!