“Wow ! Go, go, go !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Paradise Scuba and Snorkeling Center
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in La Parguera
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Center in Puerto Rico. Explore the Bioluminescent Bay in La Parguera or book scuba diving trips to the Wall.
“Wow ! Go, go, go !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very nice diving spot, excellent visibility (100 ft) the crew was knowledgeable, funny and professional.. They did an awesome job, we've seen so many things !!! Definitely the best diving center in La Parguera !!!!

Visited September 2013

Annapolis, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I don't even know where to begin... This was, hands down, one of the best experiences I've ever had! I had e-mailed Paradise Scuba before my trip to Puerto Rico but did not hear back so my husband and I decided to just go to Lajas for our wedding anniversary and stop by to see if there were any excursions that day. We lucked out with a sunset snorkeling trip. The owner, Luis, was very sweet and apologetic for not having responded. He had our information down but inadvertently noted that we had communicated. No biggie at all. We were able to join the 4 p.m. sunset trip with several others. One group was a few families with children which went on one boat and then we were on the smaller board with just 1 other couple. The waters were a little rough at that time of day so I opted for the life vest. One of Luis' grandsons (I love that this is family owned and operated) was our guide and he was super attentive and knowledgeable. He dove down and grabbed several items for us to see - sea cucumbers, various kinds of starfish, crabs, conch, etc. The reef was absolutely amazing. After the initial reef snorkel, we headed over to the mangroves and did some shallow snorkeling which was very nice. We then docked to eat some delicious chicken empanadillas and beverages. We waited for the sun to set and then made our way to the bioluminescent bay for some nighttime snorkeling. There was no moon out so it was really dark, which made for a better view of the bioluminescent plankton. I was a little bit horrified (okay, a lot horrified) of jumping in the bay in the middle of the darkness but it was AMAZING!!! No other words to describe...just AMAZING! The water was warm, the plankton was glowing and, I swear, every single star in the universe was right above us that night. We even enjoyed a few shooting stars... A perfect way to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I look forward to the next visit!

1 Thank Boricua78
Kansas City, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of my favorite things I did in Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I loved loved loved this excursion! The water was calmer than it was on the north side where we had previously gone out with other companies. The crew on the boat were accomodating, knowledgeable and very friendly. I enjoyed the hands on experience they gave with the snorkeling when the guide would grab creatures from the sea floor for us to hold and examine. Then it was back to the dock for beer and warm empanadas and then over to the bio bay. Swimming in the bio bay was more than I could have imagined, white glittery beautiful flahses of light were created with your movements and can be seen clearly with a snorkle and mask. It was so peaceful being in the water at night with the stars above.Would definitely do other adventures with this group!

1 Thank monkeygoodness
puerto rico
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Bio-bay area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Parguera is great to enjoy while renting a small dingy and circling around the cays. The water is nice and calm, and there are many restaurant options to enjoy some good turnovers.
Stayed in one of the floating houses fully equipped and provided for.

Visited September 2013
Brockton, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing excursion for a good deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

First off, I want to say that Luis (the man that runs the business with his wife and grandchildren) are the nicest, kindest, cutest and most accommodating people that I have met!

It was a last minute trip for my friend and I. We were an hour late and Luis arranged a boat to take us out to where the other group had already started to snorkel.

We found these good people on TripAdvisor and decided to take a leap of faith to drive 2 hours from San Juan to do the snorkeling and bio bay. If you aren't aware yet the GPS and MAPS in PR did not work well. We, of course got lost and Luis was kind enough to meet us where we were and take us to his store.

The entire experience was wonderful! His grandsons were both on the boat throughout the entire excursions. They were both very knowledgeable what was in the water and brought various items from the ocean for us to hold and touch (sea cucumber, starfish, and a few other which I'm not familiar with).

The trip also included homemade chicken and potatoes empanadas from Luis's wife that were out of this world delicious!

1 Thank michelle p