“Don't miss this adventure.”

Paradise Scuba and Snorkeling Center
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in La Parguera
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Center in Puerto Rico. Explore the Bioluminescent Bay in La Parguera or book scuba diving trips to the Wall.
“Don't miss this adventure.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

we had a blast snorkeling on 2 reefs and swimming in the biobay. My wife had only snorkeled once before in Australia and had a bad experience. The crew made her feel safe. They gave us great instructions on use of the equipment. The equipment was new or in good order. They pointed out different types of sea life to us. We never felt unsafe. They fed us home made empanadas and beer after the snorkeling trip on the boat. We then went to the bio bay. This is the only place to swim in a bio bay in Puerto Rico. The other two locations are kayak only. It was an amazing trip and well worth the money. They accommodated our large group. This was also a family friendly environment. The owner is hard to understand on the phone. We tried in Spanish and English. However, he said he was going to make it great and it was. I would highly recommend this outfit. Next time I will bring my gear for scuba diving.

Visited August 2013

Frederick, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Adventure”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Excellent value. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Beautiful reefs. We were lucky enough to be there on a dark night, no moonlight and the bio bay experience is just amazing. Felt like Tinkerbell :)

Visited July 2013
Stockton, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Snorkeling in paradise”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The boat was roomy. The staff was friendly. The 2 spots were excellent for snorkeling. They took us out to the water and dove down and brought up some starfish, sea urchin, sea cucumber and some other sea creatures. After the snorkeling trip, we went back to the dock and had some great tasting empanadas with Puerto Rican beer. We went on the night tour to bioluminescent bay where we saw glowing plankton while we swam in the bay. That was the coolest thing to see!!! At first it was hard to see them, but after I jumped in the water, I could see them on my arms flickering away. Luckily it was cloudy that night and the moon was not out to ruin the experience. I definitely would recommend Paradise scuba to my friends and relatives.

Visited June 2013
Bamako, Mali
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Snorkeling & Night Swim in La Parguera is AMAZING”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great staff will take you to some awesome reefs. The divers that come in with you will go down and pick out interesting life to see ( sea urchins, sea cucumbers, slimy creatures, creepy crawlies, you name it. They pick excellent spots. There is also a night swim after tasty snacks. The night swim is in the bioluminescent bay. The boat captain knows almost every animal, you describe watch you see, he will give you name and description and cool details. He also knows so much about the ecosystem, great learning experience and amazing fun!

Visited July 2013
va
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Swimming in bio-bay was amazing.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I live nearby and had been putting this one off for months. I've been to the bio lagoon in Fajardo, and thought it was neat, but wasn't really blown away. I'd heard this one was not as good, but we were going to be in the area and decided to try it. We only did the night portion of the tour, starting with dinner, then snorkeling in the dark. I was completely surprised at how good it was. Actually being able to swim in it, makes it so much more impressive than the other lagoon, in my opinion. They basically just let us jump in and swim wherever we wanted. They probably gave us at least 30 minutes, pretty much everyone was tired and back on the boat anyway before they starting calling people back in. My 6 year old son also participated and enjoyed it. If you are comfortable in the water, then you will want to do this!

Visited June 2013