“Private snorkeling trip!”

Paradise Scuba and Snorkeling Center
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in La Parguera
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Center in Puerto Rico. Explore the Bioluminescent Bay in La Parguera or book scuba diving trips to the Wall.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We wanted to go snorkeling in the morning but saw they didn't have a morning trip. We asked Luis, the owner, if it was possible to do a private morning snorkel and he made it happen! My husband and I had a great 3 hour tour of the mangroves and reef! It was amazing to have the boat all to ourselves. Both our captain, Cachi, and tour guide, Jonathan, were a lot of fun and knowledgable about the area and things we saw in the water. We would recommend this as a great way to see the southwest area of the island too.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"water was warm"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I always use trip advisors to book hotels but this was the first time I used it to book an excursion. I'm glad that I did because this outfit really did live up to all the positive reviews. My boyfriend and I where staying in San Juan and drove the 2 1/2 hors to get to La Parguera and we both agreed that the drive was well worth it. As soon as we arrived the Captain was very friendly and attentive. When we where in the water he consistently brought up little sea animals for all of us to see and hold and he would often ask for my camera so he could take a picture of us holding the various sea stars, shells and sea cucumbers among other things. We went to two different reefs and snorkeled for hours. After the day time snorkeling they took the boat back to shore and came back with two huge chicken empanadas for everyone and gave us all a can of beer. These were like the best empanadas I have ever tasted! Then we went back out to the bio luminescent bay where the captain explained the glowing algae phenomenon to us. We actually got to swim in the water and since there was only a tiny sliver of moon we could see all of the sparkles in the water and what seemed like millions of stars in the sky above us.
All of this cost $60.00 not bad.

2  Thank Miranda D
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Traveled to PR for business/vacation and visit some friends local to the island. Both of them were certified by Paradise highly recommended them. Kiko and Cachi went out with us on both days we dove. The first day doing 2 morning dives and then the snorkel, dinner, bio bay. Bio bay was awesome, closest thing to describe it as is on Star Trek and the stars fly by on the view screen. Water was a few degrees warmer than snorkeling due to it's location. Under the water or just floating and looking into space it's a stargazers paradise. Second day of diving Kiko and Cachi took us out to to the Black Wall. Ask to dive that if you dive any site with them. I have dove well over 100 dives in the Caribbean and this dive ranks right up there with the best in Bonaire or Curacao or even Belize. Reef is pristine and plenty of tropical life. Even though the only large sea life we saw were two Moray's, which Cachi was uncomfortable with how close I was, we all came up with our breaths taken from views of that dive along the wall and over the reef.

As others have stated, family run business and goes above and beyond what is necessary to make either your diving or snorkeling enjoyable and something not to forget for years to come.

If Kiko would have let Cachi go to lunch with us for the Monfongo then it would have been a perfect last dive.

Thanks again for creating great memories that will last a lifetime Paradise. We will return.

2  Thank pjmac28
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We took a biobay tour with these guys that leaves at 6:30 for $30 per person to go to bio bay to swim. A night before that we did a biobay tour on the island of Vieques with East excurtions from the Fajardo area for $120 p/person. It was a lot brighter but you couldn't swim in it and a bit of a commute to get there . We really liked the experience of swimming in it and it was so reasonable that we just had to do it again. Boat ride was smooth and short, they had drinks and snacks for us on the boat and gave us a whole hour to swim in the bay. Would definitely recommend them for this tour.

2  Thank Julia-Hawkins
See more reviews
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I came to P.R. and didn't book a trip for snorkeling beforehand. After calling a dozen places to either get no answer, outrageous prices, or a packed boat that we couldn't get on, I found Paradise. Let me tell you that is an understatement about their company. Family owned and run, they make you feel as if your family too, Luis and Captain Kiko are the best. We took the afternoon scuba tour and the bio bay night trip for $60. Everyone else wanted 60 an hr. Their vessel is gorgeous, dive guides are friendly and knowledgeable, and they bring beer and drinks for the group. We dove 2 reefs for about 3 hrs, then Luis' wife makes home made empadillas for everyone. After a great snack n a couple beers we were off to the bio bay where we could actually swim in it, no one else on the island does that. I can't wait to go back

4  Thank Ericgt1