“The BEST!”

Paradise Scuba and Snorkeling Center
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in La Parguera
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Center in Puerto Rico. Explore the Bioluminescent Bay in La Parguera or book scuba diving trips to the Wall.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The BEST!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Luis is the owner. He treated us like family. It was a 2 hour drive but SO worth it. Once we arrived at the small fishing village in LaPerguera and found the place, we were early and Luis told us a great place to walk and have lunch.
For $60 per person, we got to go on a big boat, just us five and an older couple. Luis' grandsons and Cachi took us and they were GREAT! We had unlimited water, soda and beer on the boat to drink whenever. We went to a deep snorkle place and a shallow place and his grandsons and Cachi were fabulous. They stayed with my kids the entire time. My 9 year old was shoulder to shoulder with Cachi while snorkling and he showed him things and picked up sea creatures for him to hold. He loved it. I had him wear a vest but it was your choice. The crew engaged all of us and swam with us to show us things in the ocean. Then we went back to the dock and Luis' wife made everybody empanadas that were brought onto the boat. So we had dinner and drinks there. Then as darkness fell, they took us to the Bioluminescent Bay. Everybody jumped in and had a great time swimming in the dark. It isn't over until about 8:30-9pm. When we got off the boat, the dock was lit up with people and food and tables selling jewelry and things. This was the best tour we went on. This is a MUST for everybody! Thank you Luis and family......you made our trip fabulous.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank SSC5

Merritt Island, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were very lucky to find this place through Rincon tours. We only did the Bio bay tour, but had a great experience. The owner was very nice and we had a wonderful conversation with him while waiting for the tour to begin. The guides (his grandsons) were very nice. We were warned ahead of time that this bio bay was not as nice as the ones in Vieques or Fajardo, but we were not disappointed in the least! Apparently, this is the only bio-bay that you can still swim in, in PR. Once we got to the bay, my kids and husband jumped in and it was magical! The marina is located in a nice area with lots of restaurants and some stands with items for sale. We highly recommend this tour!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank MJ P
Frederick, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Bioluminescent Bay in La parguera”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Snorkeling in the Bioluminescent Bay in La parguera should be on everyones bucket list, and Paradise Scuba is the one to use. They fix you homemade empandas and serve cold beer on the boat ride out to the bay. This is truely an amazing thing to experience. It is kind of like how Edward from the Twilight movies looks in the sun, only you are in the water at night! Great staff on board the boat. I only wish we were able to swim a little longer. I highly recommend this snorkeling excursion.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Jennifer W
Puerto Rico
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Best trip ever!!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had the pleasure to go on the snorkeling & bio bay tour last week. I have a 6 year old daughter who is the love of my life (yes she is my only child! Jaja!) I have been looking to do this trip for sometime so when I found a snorkeling tour that will also let us swim in the bio bay I was super happy! We got early to their location and they treated us like they have known us for ages, they saw my daughter and told her that she was going to have a great time and the she will be always accompanied by the master diver Cache has a small child so he knew how important it was for her and for me as well to feel safe. We took the tour with two other people so it was a small group, we got to the boat were they gave us the safety information how the day would fluctuate and then off to the cay. We saw more marine life than what I had expected! the dive master took my kid by the hand when ever he was going to let go he would tell her to hold on to me that he would be right back since he was getting some small starfish or crab to show everyone. Then it was of to the reef were we saw even more! and then back to the pier to have some home made empanadas that were off awesome! after a 45 minute rest we were on or way to the bio bay under a beautiful sunset cruse, when we got to the bio bay the dive master Cache gave us the explanation of why it glows and answered any all questions we had, it was a full moon but since we were there before moon rise it was totally perfect. We were there for approximately 45 mins and then look my little princess of joy was spectacular for me! We got back to the pier were we went back to the office to take a shower and be on our way.

It was a great experience and I will go back soon!!

Visited June 2012
3 Thank ladydemona2
Puerto Rico
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“best scuba and snorkeling center in PR”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

In memorial weekend I went to La parguera in Lajas, PR and I always site with this center and there services was great. This time I made Snorkeling and Bio Baty tour and was a amazing experience. I recommend this place to any activity in La pArguera.

Visited May 2012