“The best lobster in Puerto Rico”
Review of Villa Parguera

Villa Parguera
Ranked #11 of 13 Restaurants in La Parguera
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Clifton, New Jersey
“The best lobster in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I had a two pounds lobster with butter, it was amazing.

• Visited August 2011

San Juan
“No idea how to cook”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We got caught in La Parguera at dinner time on a Monday, bad mistake. It was almost the only choice open for a sit down restaurant. Well, Mondays most other places close as a break for the weekend. How bad can it be? We were a group of eight with other four tables in the restaurant.

As soon as we asked if the fish was fresh, and they told us it was not, we should have left. We went for the simpler local food, to try to keep it safe. Some asked for the chicken, I asked for pork chops and others asopao (soup with rice). After an hour and a half, the food finally came. The pork chop was so hard I could not eat it.

I am sorry for the tourists that may try this for local food the first time. I am sure they will look for a fast food joint the rest of the trip. This is the worst local deal I have had in years, not a good example of local food.

• Visited January 2011