“Would go again”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 2, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We went to see a recording at Elstree Studio & this location was the nearest l. I would advise anyone to book here for a friendly, non expensive stay. The place is spotless, rooms are a good size, beds comfortable & the bathroom pod is a joy. There was a bit of a scramble at breakfast due to a coach party but staff were amazingly calm and good natured. we enjoyed our stay & would recommend to friends

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I think I have reviewed this hotel before with a positive review but since last time things have changed.

We did not book in advance and simply requested a room upon arrival. We we greeted by a young man named Pratesh (sorry if spelt wrong) who was very welcoming and friendly. He informed us that since our last visit to the Ibis you now have access to free wifi and more tv channels which previously had to be paid for.

The rooms are of good size, clean and have comfortable beds.

They supply a kettle with complimentary tea & coffee and a hair dryer in the room.

There is an ironing room on several floors in the hotel.

The shower in the ensuite is highly recommended, really powerful and very hot depending on how hot you like your shower. I could of stayed in there all day.

The only thing that confuses me is the fact we had a double room with 2 pillows on the bed and 1 spare! We did ask for another pillow and it was given straight away. Not the biggest disaster in the world.

For £52 We would definateley stay here again as we often do when going into London. I have read reviews that people would not stay here if traveling into the capital but if you have a car it is less than 15 miles and there is a local train station which goes to many London stations. Ideal if you do not want to pay London hotel prices.

If you do travel by car there is complimentary parking. The Ibis hotel car park is not very big but it links on to a shopping car park which you can park in for free but make sure you get a ticket from reception to put on your dash.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Reviewed April 22, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife ,son and myself stayed for two nights for a theatre break in London , we found the staff welcoming and friendly. The rooms where very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel to our friends

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 20, 2014

OMG !!! even after travelling for 20 years. How I could do such a mistake. please book this only if you have NOTHING to do with central London as this hotel does not even appear on London tube network. I booked this going by ratings and affordability factor but moment I landed in London and checked with few friends ,I realised it better to skip this and booked fresh hotel which costed me lots of $$$$..300 to be exact for just 1 night.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Melih Yanik

Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
#645 of 1,077 in London
Mercure London Watford Hotel

Been to Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood? Share your experiences!