“Pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, clean comfortable room. Friendly staff. Parking not a problem.
Limited restaurant options but what we had was good. No problem finding the hotel, good value for money.ideal for a short stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Melih Yanik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Ibis for two nights and in general the stay was good. The room was excellent; very clean and spacious with a super bed (mattress topper and comfy pillows made a long, relaxed night's sleep very easy) and we loved the 'podule' bathroom. Breakfast was nothing special, though the pizza we had on the one night we ate in the (rather basic) restaurant was truly excellent. However......

Two basic issues were problematic. The first was with the booking in/computer systems. This may have not been the hotel's fault at first but the staff seemed totally baffled. There was quite a bit of confusion when we booked in as the computer information was inaccurate (I had a print-off of my confirmation e-mail with me and the details didn’t tally) and we booked breakfasts for the first morning only but were told on settling the bill that we'd had breakfasts both days. The final receipt was still inaccurate although we were charged the correct rate. In each case there was no explanation of the confusion nor any apology.

The other issue was the apparent lack of training and/or initiative on the part of some of the staff. With the exception of one guy (with hair neatly tied back) the staff seemed to be easily confused by the simplest questions and not able to deal with problems. For example, the barman didn't seem to know what Chardonnay was or where to find it, even though it was on the wine menu and the bottles were in front of him. Even when they were pointed out to him he seemed unclear as to what to do or how to prepare the bill. There were quite a few similar examples of staff confusion during our stay. I'm sure that Ibis expect a better standard of customer service from their staff, and it was a shame there was this negative aspect, as despite this the hotel was generally good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, September 25, 2013

Borehamwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here a couple of times now...and plan to stay several more times over coming months.
Todays visit started badly. Booked a double bed, when arrived found room had 3 singles in it and no desk to work at. When requested change, or at least a desk to work at, the guy on desk couldn't fix it and so then moved me to another room. They were extremely busy and so full marks for sorting quickly despite lots of guests to serve and keep happy. He dealt with customers in excellent fashion - keeping calm and friendly at all times.
Hotel is within a couple of minutes of A1 - so easy to reach. Rooms a reasonable size, and clean and well equipped. Free wifi in rooms and parking is free too.
Prices very good value when compared to similar types of chain hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid "family rooms" as may have single beds in. Otherwise rooms all seem similar and wel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and i travaled up from Southampton expecting to find a standard, basic hotel for the inexpensive price we paid ( £35) but what we did find was a fantastic modern room with all the facilities you would expect from a much higher rated hotel. I have worked all over the world staying in many hotels, but for the money i would definetly say that Ibis, Borehamwood will be very hard to beat. Fantastic value. Well done Ibis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 3 days. We loved the rooms - extreamely clean and tidy. There was a kettle and coffee/tea in the room. Light and spacious bathroom with shower. Cleaning service every day, all was sparkling.Loved it.The only disadvantage for me was the lack of a toilet brush, I didn't feel well having in mind that the housekeeper will clean 'that' after me - I can perfectly manage this type of dirt myself...
Free WiFi was a great plus. Free parking was a great advantage for us as well. We loved the location - off London,but communication really handy.Nice and safe area (the hotel is opposite the police station :-)) Surely, we'll come back there for the next stay.

• Stayed September 2013
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after a trip to London. We found the staff very helpful and friendly and the rooms very nice. We loved the shower, very spacious and powerful. The only downfall was the TV channels, they expect you to pay for the basic channels that are free on freeview. Breakfast was very delicious with a range of continental and full English. Bonus was we did not have to check out till 12. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, September 11, 2013

Melih Yanik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
#612 of 1,089 in London
Jurys Inn London Watford
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Village Hotel London Watford

Been to Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood? Share your experiences!