Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,066 results
All reviewspublic car parkbathroom podtrain stationfree parkinghigh streetvalue for moneytown centrerooms are cleanshort staycomfortable bedper daybeansmin walkst pancrasbooked this hoteltea and coffeefull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with a business colleague a few weeks ago. On arrival I was given the key to our twin room but when we looked at it there were two single beds pushed tight together so it looked like a double bed. When I booked the hotel I asked the receptionist if the twin rooms were of a good size and she said they were. We could not move the beds apart because the room was so small there was nowhere to put them!!!!
I went back down to reception and eventually they gave us what they said was a larger room but it was in effect the same size as the one before......they just converted the desk by the window into a bed, so now there were two single beds and another one by the window!
The bathroom was a plastic curved pod which was really cramped and claustrophobic.
I asked the hotel if they would provide me with Soya milk for breakfast but they said that was not possible but I could go and buy some if I wanted.
When I went down to breakfast, I was told that I could not store my soya milk in the fridge.I explained that they told me to bring it along and eventually they relented and let me store it in their fridge.
It was like walking into a youth hostel every morning for breakfast, it was full of teenagers on holiday and there was nowhere to sit because the breakfast room was so small.
Overall, a very chastening experience and needless to say I will not be staying in an Ibis hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisLondonElstree, Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.”

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the breakfast issue, and or, spoken with the employee in question. we hope you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Kind Regards
Prashant Shewale
Assistant Manager

An Accor traveler
Oldbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Not a bad place - dead clean really smart for a large budget hotel -could not fault the front of house and quality of bedroom - our only negative comment was to do with the food on offer at breakfast - not what we expected from Ibis compared to other ones we have used - it could have just been an off day :)

Other than that, we certainly use it again when in area

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John52-Angie62
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The room was immaculate, clean,comfortable.The staff are very helpful.Easy to transport,London is only 20 minutes.Close to the railway station. I am very pleased with everything.I will be a returning guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very good and friendly, already a habit for me to stay there when visiting London.
Strategically situated at halfway between London and Luton Airport.
I will certainly stay there again and highly recomend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo