“great until......”

Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed for 1 night in April as we were going to elstree studios. If you are going to watch the filming of anything there, then the ibis is perfect, 2 minutes walk away. The hotel was really easy to find and check in was quick and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable, very generic but we only paid £43 and its a budget brand so this is exactly what you get. The shower is great. We left our stuff and left to have a drink in the bar and head to the studio.
On the return we found the room to be very warm and the air conditioning unit would not let us choose a temperature under 25 degrees, so we left the window open. Unfortunately the hotel is opposite the police, fire and ambulance stations so this was quickly closed. We ended up sleeping over the duvet and still had a great nights sleep as the bed was very comfortable, but in the summer I think this would be a major problem. Perhaps we missed something, but there was nothing in the room to instruct us how to use the air con.
The one thing that has made me give the hotel only 3 stars (otherwise would have been 4 and a 5 if the air con had worked) was the fact that we were woken up at 8.30am by the housekeeper tapping on our door with what sounded like a key. I am a light sleeper and so this woke me up, however I doubt anyone in a deep sleep would wake, when I could only assume she would enter the room and find the occupier still in bed. Needless to say we told her we were still in the room and hastily put the do not disturb sign up, my friend didn't and was disturbed again a bit later on. Now, in my eyes this is absolutely unacceptable. Having worked in the hotel industry most of my working life it is generally common practice for reception to inform housekeepers which rooms have checked out. I do not expect to be woken up by them lightly knocking on my door or worse possibly entering. Check out is stated as midday, so to be honest I was bewildered as to why this happened.
All in all it was a great hotel but if you are hoping for a lay in, put your do not disturb sign up before you go to sleep, and if its a particularly warm day, check your air con and ask reception how it works.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Melih Yanik

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Ibis Borehamwood offers amazing value for money. The staff were always on hand to help. For me the internet is important and £4.50 for 24 hours was great and the it was quick. Always stay at the Ibis when in London will return soon

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I Have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions, I never have any problems checking in the staff are always very polite and helpful. Rooms are nice and most important very clean, the rooms are services every day with fresh towels.
The bar and restaurant is nice and clean and the staff again are very nice and friendly. The food is of good quality with varied variety on the menu.

Room Tip: Ground floor on the front.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Have stayed here before as it's so easy to get into Central London from but it's got even better with the investment in a good quality mattress. Not something you would immediately think off but what a great nights sleep! Have booked again, extremely good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before a course in potters bar on 9/4/13, and was suprized as to how good it was really! We arrived quite late, but the service to get us checked in was exceptionally swift. We couldn't get a space in their own car park, so parked in the adjacent public pay and display car park: the hotel give you a ticket to pop in your window so you can park for free which is very helpful. We stayed in a twin room, the man who checked us in appologised that they didn't have any double rooms left. It wasn't a huge problem for us and we just pushed the 2 single beds together.
The room was more than adequate, super comfy bed with a very comfy matress topper. The bathroom looks odd...its like some space pod, buy has a good powerful shower and a dispenser of shower gel (sadly no toiletry freebies!!).
Excellent night sleep and cannot complain at a. Great value and great nights sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here on several occasions and as usual it was a good standard for a budget hotel . The staff were friendly , again as usual and it is a perfect location to get into London . Only a 15 minute walk to the station

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just returned after staying 2 nights for a theatre trip with David Urquhurt. Great hotel, very clean, as others have said the bed was really comfy. Staff very pleasant, we had continental breakfast included in our stay which was plentiful but the dining area was very small and not enough seats at peak times. Good location, come out front hotel turn right, a few minutes walk and there's a 24 hr Tesco, McDonalds, Wetherspoon pub, loads other dining/takeaway places and if you walk another 5-10 minutes there's a large shopping centre.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison R
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Melih Yanik

Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
#673 of 1,081 in London

Been to Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood? Share your experiences!