Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
PremierInn.com
$72
$69
$108
Village Hotel London Watford(Elstree)(Great Value!)
$76
$86
$69
$44
$40
Travelocity
1,066 results
All reviewspublic car parkbathroom podtrain stationfree parkinghigh streetvalue for moneytown centrerooms are cleanshort staycomfortable bedper daybeansmin walkst pancrasbooked this hoteltea and coffeefull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hotel looked good from outside but get inside the room and the smell that hit me made me truly change my mind and the staff were not willing to do anything about it and their excuse was lack of empty rooms. i was obliged to spray deodrant everywhere just to neutralise the smell! 1st and last time with Ibis. Premier Inn all the way!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We have now new Ibis beds and new carpets in the rooms

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is a modern build concrete block, next to a leisure centre and opposite a fire station and job centre, in a town most noted for its film & tv studios behind large gates, this almost tells the whole story.

The rooms themselves are compact and have little storage space, but as they market to single night and short stays, this is not a significant issue. The beds (in our twin single) were very comfortable, and the in room facilities were adequate although a better supply of tea bags and milk would have been better.

The bathroom is a modular unit, incorporated into the room and including toilet, sink and shower in the one "booth", which although it does not feature a lockable door is private enough (especially as you will already be sleeping in the same room as your companion anyway).

The shower sadly was a bit of a let down for a modern hotel, I nearly had to run around in the cubicle to get wet enough.

A breakfast buffet is available for a surcharge and is "all you can eat", although some may find the range disappointingly limited.

Staff interaction (where encountered) were swift and pleasant, and offered very acceptable service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RedHillian
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This Ibis Hotel is situated a brisk 15/20 mins walk from the main line train station that catapults you into central London in no time. A good taxi service takes you back to the hotel directly outside the station which is very good if late at night.

The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is simple but pleasant for the price. We breakfasted around 9am and whilst there was still a good selection of food left the coffee and tea were cold and dirty plates and ups were all around us!

However, at around £60 per room with a breakfast it was heap and cheerful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian L
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Reviewed February 26, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have now stayed at premier inn, travelodge and ibis at borehamwood. The ibis was by far the cheapest at £35 for a double room, but i ordered breakfast at £8.95 each which was awful. The cooked breakfast was cold, rubbery scrambled egg, cold, rubbery bacon and cold sausage. The best breakfast was at the premier inn and cheaper.

The room was small but comfortable, we were woken very early by people shouting in the corridor but other than that it was a good nights sleep. We stayed in Room 515 which is at the front and opposite the fire, police and ambulance stations, so be prepared for sirens!

The staff were fantastic, really polite and courteous. Check in took no more than 5 minutes.

We could not get the tv to work, but as we were not spending long in the room it wasn't an issue.

The main line rail station is 15 minute walk and for just over £8 you can get an all day travel card to London. High Barnet tube station is 5 miles away and parking is onLyon £2.00 on Saturday or £1.50 on Sunday.

I would definitely stay again but not order breakfast (there is a McDonald's just down the road).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013