“Would definately recommend,”

Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Recently one of my members of staff stayed at the IBIS Elstree Borehamwood when she was doing some training (CACI) as the regular hotel was booked up and I couldn't get a decent room rate. The IBIS was a only third of the price of the other hotel and only £7.00 each way with a local Taxi firm which I think was called ABA cab who were also brilliant and really helpful!
My member of staff was staying on her own and made to feel extremely welcome. The hotel was clean, food was excellent and a real value for money. I would definately recommend it to anyone else who is doing a CACI course in the future and I well definately be sending more of my staff to stay there. The only thing I will say is that it is a 10 minute walk to the town which was not recommended to a single woman on her own as it might not be safe.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rachealday
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Melih Yanik

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We enjoyed two very pleasant nights at this hotel, which we used as a base for a London trip, from the bus stop opposite the bus went direct to railway station. Hotel staff were all well presented, polite and very helpful. Our room was quite spacious as was the en-suite. At last a decent man sized shower, with not only room to wash, but also room to dry oneself without getting tied up in shower curtains etc. Soap, shower gel etc. provided and towels to dry a man. The bed was very comfortable and afforded one a great nights sleep. No traffic noise or noise within the hotel to disturb one's sleep. Some minor down points; although our booking sheets obtained via the internet stated £7.50 for breakfast, on arrival breakfast was priced up at £8.95 every where. We did not use the on site restuarant for our evening meal, but dined at a pub in Well End five minutes away. Breakfast was OK but far from hot, infact should have been served considerably hotter. We paid £52.50 per night for our room, our friends staying up the road at the neighbouring Premier Inn, paid £39.00 per room per night. Going on our experience alone I would be more than happy to use this hotel again and to recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor at the back overlooking the public car park not at the front where the ma...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had stayed here on a weekly basis for 3 months. ! had always had good things to say about this hotel, any small complaints were always dealt with quickly. Food was a bit hit & miss and quite overpriced for the quality, but overall satisfactory for basic fare.

On returning to the hotel in January my faith in this hotel dissolved upon the discovery of USED condoms inside the kettle!

Along with the condom discovery I also found dried vomit on the window coverings.

Despite taking the offending kettle to the reception desk, reporting the issues and asking for an immediate call from the manager (as I was on my way to the office) I heard nothing until I sent an email later that day to the manager detailing exactly what my complaint was. His reply, which was little more than paying lipservice and did nothing to fill me with confidence that they cared about how the hotel operates, deals with complaints when they arise or addresses cleanliness issues. He did confirm without any apparent concern that his reception staff had not even mentioned the issue or reported the complaint to him!

Not suprisingly, I no longer have faith in this hotel and as a result I no longer use or recommend it.

Room Tip: They are a pet friendly hotel, always check which floor the 'yappy' dogs are on!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We have now new Ibis beds and new carpets in the rooms

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Ibis, Borehamwood. The first time last year when we were travelling from the North West to France and on this occasion we were going to an exhibition iin London. It is in an ideal location for both trips as it sits just off the M25 and a handy distance for Dover or central London. The restaurant is looking a little dated so we choose to eat at the Colney Fox in Coney, a traffic free ten minute drive away.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and checking in is very quick. The rooms are well designed and spacious and the bed is one of the most comfortable I have slept in.
Car parking is free and at an incredible price of £35 (on the internet) with the option of breakfast at another £7.50 per person, £50 B&B I can highly recommend it

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed at this ibis hotel last got to the hotel after midnight with a colleague it took 20 minuted to book us in my room faced the carpark which was quiet my coleagues was on the mainroad side which he said was very noisy. I had no hairdryer or extras such as pillows or blankets. The tv only received reception on bbc1 the other 10 channels were scrambled! I asked for a wake up call as my battery was low from reception this did not happen! Breakfast is served in plastic containers kept warm by trays of boling water so your choice of fried breakfast is pretty much soggy everything sausages, bacon , hash browns all served with more moisture in them than a hand washed towel yum! And itll set u back £8.95 for the pleasure All in all it cost £70 quid per room and im sure there are much better places to stay in elstree

• Stayed: January 2013

We have now new Ibis beds and new carpets in the rooms

Reviewed January 21, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
#673 of 1,081 in London

Been to Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood? Share your experiences!