“Fabulous Service”

Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It was the first time that we have stayed in this hotel and it was a great experience. The staff were all very warm and friendly. That really made the difference. The hotel is very close to the high street which is very ideal. The rooms were immaculate and gave a very comfortable feel. The linen and pillows were spotless. Lots of restaurant options with variety of cuisines. The breakfast was superb. Overall highly recommended and will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Melih Yanik

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Well placed for a trip to London by car. Free parking and about half a mile walk to the station with trains direct to central London, along a pleasant main street of shops, restaurants and takeaways.
Pleasant, helpful and polite staff, and exceptionally clean rooms and linen.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I am presently staying at this hotel visiting from Canada and I have to say what a great experience this has been. The rooms are spotless and the location is great,close to the high street with lots of restaurant options as well as the hotel options. Beds are very comfy and breakfast is super. We will be back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Reviewed October 11, 2012

was ok the hotel, but the recepcionist was so unprofessional, i asked for a voucher for the parking lot, cause is neccesary and he refused to give me it. and got a ticket and he still refused
to take care of it even i remember him about i asked for the proper voucher in order no to be entitled to have a ticket for the parking enforcement

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a horrible experience this July by chosing this miserable place.
It did not look like a regular Ibis hotel. It looked more like a cheap third world hotel instead.
I attach a picture to give you an idea on how the beds are made in this hotel.
Room was not clean, there were stains as already commented in other reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antoni C

We have now new Ibis beds and new carpets in the rooms

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the Ibis London Elstree Borhamwood last month whilst visiting the new Harry Potter Studio Tour at Warner Bros Studios. The hotel was ideally situated for this and for our time in London the next day. There is plenty of parking at the hotel as it is situated next to a car park and the staff are happy to provide you with a voucher to display in your car so you do not need to pay the parking charges. The hotel is basic but clean, tidy and the shower is great! We had a room at the front of the hotel next to the main road and whilst this is busy it is not intrusive although the Police cars leaving the station opposite were sometimes a little distracting! We ate in the hotel for one night out of the three we stayed and the meal was okay - usual pub fare. We stayed bed and breakfast during our stay and the breakfasts consisted of cereal, fruit, yoghurts, toast, pastries and the cooked selection was bacon, sausage, beans and scrambled eggs on each morning. There was also orange and apple juice which you could help yourself to and coffee (various styles ie cappuccino, latte, espresso etc) tea and hot chocolate available from a machine - again you could have as much of this as you wanted. In the room we had coffee and tea making facilities and a large towel each and two smaller hand towels. All in all very good value for the price and would definitely recommend it for a short, sight seeing weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Ibis brand provides a good, functional, clean but no frills budget hotel. Perfect if your hotel is not a major part of your holiday, leisure break, etc but you still want somewhere decent to put your head down or get a snack.
This Ibis provided just what I expected at a very reasonable price. We were there for the Harry Potter exhibition, not to lounge around the hotel.
The rooms are good; a problem with the AC was dilligently fixed while we were out. Breakfasts were fine; nice to be able to get a drink at the end of the day.
The staff were very helpful if a little overworked - I suppose a low level of staff is part of the chain's budget strategy.
Just get your expectations clear before you book; unlike that loud-mouthed customer giving the staff a hard time as we left - clearly expecting a Ritz-level of accommodation and service for a budget price and demanding compensation. Get real.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fourth floor which was quiet. If you want adjoining rooms then tell them in adv...