“very good location”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
bury st edmunds
“very good location”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

we stayed at the premier inn so we could get the train in to london and it was great for that. We got free parking and walked down to the station. The room was clean and spacious and we got a great night sleep would stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights 1st to 4th Sept. There were 6 of us in total, 4 adults and 2 children, in 2 family rooms. We were very impressed with the size of the rooms and comfort of the beds. We couldn't fault our stay at all, except my steak on the first night was terrible, chewy and gristly. Other than that, everything was great. The waitresses that served our evening meals were lovely, Jade, and a Hungarian girl, whose name I can't remember, had a K in it! She was rushed off her feet, only girl serving, but she was still very nice and patient with us. We loved the food, and choice of meals, my two children had no trouble choosing something each night.
This is our second stay at this hotel, choosing to stay outside of the centre of London. Once tried, the routine of taxi to the station, train to st Pancras, then tubes, was very easy. Would definitely recommend this hotel, other reviews have said there was noise, but we had none at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed overnight because we wanted somewhere near the Elstree Studios. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful and let us have access to the room well before the usual 2pm.
I would say it’s very handy for the Studios [Big Brother, Strictly etc] being only a 10 minute walk downhill and 15 mins or more coming back!
The room was large, clean and had a choice of pillows. We were on the sixth floor overlooking the car park and had no problem with any noise.
Easy access on and off the A1 and M25.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the car park.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaulineW999
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am writing this first ever review waiting for someone to come and look at then TV I informed had a broken cable about 20 mins ago!! I was told someone needed to review the situation and would then fix the problem - was told this while I was looking at the broken cable end not attached to the plug that goes into the TV. We will see.

This hotel has a rickety lift, tired hallways and while the room is pleasant enough and clean. The fly in my room buzzing around let's it down....in the same way the guy shouting "p**sy" over & over again outside the restaurant at someone in a room above from the outside ruined the pleasant meal deal. I will say that Jade who served the food was lovely and very chatty/friendly to me & a colleague down here for work.

Couple of minor annoyances;
There is no smoking area or cigarette bin so people smoking wherever and casting butt ends wherever which is not great
Ringing reception earlier had no answer but as soon as I saw the "fix it" line about the TV problem and dialled that the answer was "Hello Reception" - possibly this second number is unavoidable compared to general guests wanting help??

(Now been 30 mins since I was told 10 mins for someone to investigate my TV)

I thought I would watch TV on my iPad for 30 mins (Free Internet Wi-Fi for 30mins) as just wanted to watch a little something before bed. Tricky as the Internet is so slow It took about 2 mins before BBC Iplayer loaded the fort 5 secs of a programme and then started buffering again for 2 mins for the next 5 secs!!

All n all this isn't quite the wonderland that Lenny Henry portrays - a shame really as we have a corporate agreement for people from my company to stay only at Premier Inns (something I will soon out an end to as I now know the possible pain)

Time to end as my free 30 mins is over and I'll be damned if I pay for Internet slower than I remember the days before broadband!!

Room Tip: Haha just avoid
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards and meet all our customer needs. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
stratford on avon
Reviewed August 21, 2013

stayed here twice both times got great service staff very friendly and helpful,was booked into rooms way before we were due to and always made to feel very welcome with smiles and chats with staff, breakfast yummy, but there is a weatherspoons just down the road where they do a very good breakfast for about four pounds if you are on a budget, also went here to eat at night. rooms large and very clean. a bit of away from train station onto london so would have to use the car to get to it, but we used our car anyway, all in all a good hotel to stay if you are sightseeing in london

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank james w
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Our first stay in a Premier Inn and we were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel for the very reasonable price. We used it as a base for visiting London and with free parking and the station is within easy walking distance the hotel the location was ideal. We will stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Check out the improved service at the London Elstree Premier Inn restaurant. Since Parag took over there, things have improved considerably. Can't wait for my next visit!!!!! The attentiveness of the staff is much improved since my first visit there - and that is down to Parag's leadership.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ROB G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
#629 of 1,068 in London

Been to Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel? Share your experiences!