“A Good Night's Sleep”

Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife ad I stayed one night recently. We had a good night's sleep in a large comfortable bed, in a large, but simply furnished, room, sited off a quiet road Helpful staff. Only criticism is that the room temperature was too warm and no air conl available.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked this for 3 nights on our arrival from Australia as it was an easy location for a base to visit family members. 2 adults and 2 kids age 8 and 6
Great value for the price, breakfast was amazing value especially as our kids ate free. We actually got a few family members to meet us for breakfast that they paid for separately. The second morning I woke up at 4 am with jet lag and went to sit downstairs in the lobby and read my book so as not to wake the rest of the family. A staff member was setting up breakfast and was very friendly and helpful. He said I could make a tea and even bought me a small muffin. He was very chatty and helpful as we're all the staff there on the 3 different days. Room was big enough for a few days- probably too cramped for a week. Lots of people staying over who were just down to see a show here. Freezing cold outside but nice and cosy and warm in our room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a night as couples. Great location and very quiet too. Motorway access. Free car park. Great friendly staffs very helpful and flexible. Room was so nice and new. Nothing to complain. So tidy and welcoming. We didn't try their food. Half price paid. Such a bargain ! Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Premier inn are probably my first choice when looking for a quick stay, value hotel. No frills, just comfy bed, reasonable food at reasonable prices and v quiet. Not much to say really other than you'll be ok here. excellent little M n S late night food shop 2 mins away for late arrival. Good breakfast, really pleasnt staff, happy to help. Horrible view of a hut and building site but hey its not MonteCarlo-and doesnt pretend to be, not a problem

Room Tip: 415 was right at the end of corridor , consequently very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here for three days with my family and the place was just as you expect from a premier inn BUT my big gripe was room service . Returned after a day in London into find my room not cleaned nearly seven hours after I left it. Despite my complaining it still wasn't finished on my return. It was fixed eventually after I complained again.
Now the problem with this place is the staffs lack of grasp of the English language . I am in no way racist but I would encourage premier inn to at least teach their staff from Eastern Europe not to nod and smile stupidity when they quite clearly don't understand a gentleman speaking to them from Scotland. It's my only gripe as the room when cleaned the room was comfortable and the breakfast lovely. Would come back with my family but would appreciate if premier inn where a little stricter with staffs grasp of English before they employ them .

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

As you would expect from a premier inn. Rooms always nice and clean. Only problem this time was that the chef hadn't turned up so there was no hot breakfast available. I got a full refund on breakfast though and this was all arranged promptly.
Ample parking, helpful staff, I just find premier inns a little overpriced in general but that may just be me!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights over Easter in a family room (Room 107), but it was very small. I had read a couple of reviews which had commented on this and it was true...there is no room to walk in the room with the sofa bed and the second put-up bed, plus the double bed. Also the air-con unit was neither use nor ornament, and we had to use it because the room was really warm, especially when you have 4 people staying in it. When we all showered, the steam and temperature was incredibly warm in the room, so we opened the window but as it doesn't open fully we only got a slight draught. I would have doubts over staying here in the summer when the weather is much warmer, because there isn't much ventilation in the room.
We stayed in the Travelodge across the road last October and the family room there is much bigger with plenty of space. But the mattresses there were awful and there was limited parking so we opted for the Premier Inn this time and I'm glad we did. The only draw back was the room size and ventilation. The beds are much more comfortable, there is plenty of parking spaces, the staff are friendly and the restaurant and bar are great too.
One of the days we caught the train into London and the receptionist arranged a taxi for us from the hotel which cost £3.50 but lots of guests also catch the bus from outside the hotel. For us being a family of 4, it was cheaper to get a taxi. The train is 25 mins to London depending on which stop you get off at. We also drove to Stanmore Underground one day which is less than a 10 min drive away which has plenty of parking spaces but that is a good 40 min tube journey into London.
All in all the hotel was nice and we had a comfortable nights sleep. But not good if you have 4 people in a room, it's just too cramped. Would be interested to know if they have bigger rooms for families and they had just run out when we stayed, in case we stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
#3 of 6 in Borehamwood
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way
2 mi away
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree

Been to Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel? Share your experiences!